Chapter Three

"And I thought you were kidding about wanting to go back there." Yoongi muttered harshly under his breath as he drove me up to the salon.

"You know, just because you live right next to me doesn't mean your obligated to drive me everywhere because then you wouldn't be complaining to me all the time!"

"Would you hush and be happy I'm actually willing to do it?"

"Aish," I glance at Yoongi from the corner of my eye wanting a reaction from him.

"Sorry I don't speak Asian."

I slapped his chest as hard as I could, and all he could do was laugh. "You can't speak Asian- Why am I even telling you this when I'm not even the Korean one?"

Yoongi chuckles, satisfied with himself. "I just like to get a rise out of you. Now get out of my car." Yoongi opens the door for me, playfully shoiving me out and driving off.

The familar bell sound went off I as opened the door, letting it shut quietly behind me casuing workers' heads to snap in my direction. One kind woman made her way over to my leisure.

"Hi! Welcome to-" the woman was immediately cut off as a large figure cut off my view of her. 

"Minjae!" A familiar voices asks the woman abrubtly.

The two go back and forth in Korean for a minute, exchanging words I didn't quite understand. She responds after a minute of complaining it seemed like. And though I don't speak Korean, I could hear the confusion in her wavering voice.

Eventually she just bows to the anonymous boy slightly and rushes off to the back room. As the boy turned around, there was so mistaking the huge grin that appeared on my face.

"I'm glad you came again, Dara." Jungkook whispers. "Sorry about that.

"D-don't be stutter. I- I mean don't be sorry. Oh my god. Stop making me nervous all the time." I face palm myself feeling my cheeks heat up as usual.

He laughs showing his bunny smile as he pressed his hands to my heated cheeks. Though we only met last week, I felt as if I'd known him for quite some time. "I'll take you over there." He leads me kindly over to a table.

"Do you do this with any customers you take here?" It was a stretch, but I just had to ask. I might as well have bitten my tongue, but I asked anyway.

"No," and my heart fluttered.

"Why?"

He seemed to struggle for words for some unknown reason. "I don't know. You walked in here and you seemed so lost like you've never been in a nail salon before," I roll my eyes and he nervously plays with my fingertips instead of working on them. "N-nevermind."

I let the silence fill the gap betwen the two of us as he took his time as usual with my nails, doing as he typically does. "Wait don't put a design on there!" He laughs at my reaction. "I don't want to pay extra."

"Relax, Dara. I wanted to do it. Let me pay." I had trouble meeting his eyes so I just nodded as a simple thanks. He seemed to get the message. It was quiet for a couple minutes as Jungkook became focused again. Slightly humming a tune to himself. His angelic voice gave me the chills.

"You have a nice voice."

"Oh," Jungkook mutters, blushing vigorously. "Thank you."

"Yanghwa Bridge by Zion T. I love that song." I chuckle at his reaction from a foreigner knowing a classic Korean song.

"You know that song?" He asks me, dumbfounded.

"Yes." It was my turn to blush. "I listen to Korean music more than American music. You should become a singer."

"I sent in a audition to an entertainment agency called Bighit once but they never responded." He looks down sadly, and my eyes light up at the mention of it.

"Yoongi did too! I mean, my neighbor. For the same place actually."

"Small world," Jungkook trails off, looking in my eyes until the contact bacame awkward, continuing with my nails.

"Tell me more about yourself, Jungkook." I speak up, the agony of the silence had gotten to us both. And I needed an excuse not to be awkward.

"Depends. What do you want to know?"

"Any hobbies? Family, friends? Dreams?"

"I mean I told you last time about my art and stuff." I respond with a quiet mmhm. "I do have this one dream... Don't laugh please."

"I would never laugh at you." I say in all seriousness, straight faced an all until Jungkook cracked a smile causing us to burst into laughter. Rather loud if I may add. We earned several stare from fellow customers, not really caring.

"But seriously, what is it?"

"I really want to turn this place into a tattoo parlor."

"Have you ever told anyone about it?"

"The owner is retiring soon and wants to hand this place over to me for the long run. I've been asking around hoping people with help me make some renevations."

Jungkook, a tattoo artist. That was the last thing I would've thought. It made me wonder what else he had hidden behind the constant smile of his or what other sadness hid behind his kind eyes that was unmistakeable.

"Can you tell me about you?"

"I'm pretty uninteresting."

"And I highly doubt that. Anybody in your life?"

"I mean there's that Yoongi guy-"

"Is he Korean?"

I raise an eyebrow. "Yeah, why?"

"I could tell by the name. Is he your boyfriend?" Jungkook began firing question after question.

"N-no! He's my best friend."

Jungkook noticably sighed. Almost in relief. "Okay. Continue."

"As for interests... I do enjoy art as well." His head snaps up in my direction. "Don't get too eager. I enjoy looking at it. Not that I'm actually skilled in that department."

I chuckle to myself, allowing my smile to slowly morph into a frown. Talking about myself made me realize how truly uneventful my life was except for Yoongi being there around the clock. My parents' inheritance was passed on to me, so I didn't have to work for anything. I didn't have anywhere to go. No true goals really set in my mind.

"Dara? You alive?" Jungkook's fingers snapping in front of my face saved me from my thoughts. "I've been finished for a couple minutes now."

"Oh yeah, sorry about that." My eyes dance around the salon trying to look anywhere but in his eyes. "I-I should go. Thank you for today."

And I left the salon without another word.