Chapter 30

We walked into the mall and I flinched at her excited squeal. Sighing, I stood up straighter and prepared myself to walk in. With Anna.

Kate had left me with her. Alone.

She said she had some errands to run. As if I'd believe that. She just didn't want to have to deal with Anna being unleashed in a mall.

I grimaced as she started skipping to the first spot of pink that she saw. Naturally, it was Victoria's Secret.

Of course.

She marched straight towards lingerie and turned back towards me. But I was already shaking my head no. "What do you mean? You have to have lingerie."

"No, I don't. Besides, you're not even old enough to be discussing this with me." I tried to pull her from the lingerie but she only gave in when I agreed to buy some lace things. So she threw a million pairs of bras and panties in my arms and decided that was enough for now.

For now.

After clearing out what felt like half of the store, she took my to American Eagle, Aeropostale, Rue 21, and every other expensive store she could think of. She only agreed to let me get some t-shirts from Hot Topic if I'd carry the bags. As much as I hated the thought of all of those bags, I really loved Hot Topic.

"I don't understand why you like graphic tees so much." She said after I walked out from the only store that I actually enjoyed.

"You wouldn't understand. But what I don't understand is that we came for a dress yet none of these bags hold one." I replied, holding up my arms that were full of bags as evidence. It wasn't that there wasn't any dresses in there- because there were plenty- it's just that none of them were white and modest.

My feet were beginning to get sore from being in here for so long and I was glad that we only had the dress left. "Because I knew that if we got the dress first, you'd wanna leave right afterwards." She told me, walking ahead. Well she had a point.

"Are we going to go get it now? Because we've bought like half of the store." I gestured towards the number of bags in our arms even though we just recently put some in the car.

"Yes, we're going." She sighed and I mentally fist bumped the air. We walked towards a dress store that I didn't recognize. The sheer number of the dresses almost knocked me off of my feet, not to mention the colors.

Everywhere I looked I was almost blinded by the amount of sequins and gems. It got to the point that the color pink made me cringe. Why do so many girls like the color pink?

The dresses were organized by color; each color was on a different rack in within that, it was organized by size. We went to where the white dresses were and I was shocked at all of the different styles there were. Anna went to the most extravagant dresses when I went towards the plainest ones.

I skimmed through all of them, waiting for one to catch my eye. Anna kept holding up random dresses, trying to catch my attention, but I kept ignoring her. All of the dresses she held up were either princess dresses or wedding dresses almost.

I was beginning to get bored as I looked at dress after dress. I sighed and closed my eyes. Lifting my hand, I walked further down the rack with my eyes still closed. Laughing at what I was doing, I stopped, my hand resting on a dress. Opening my eyes, I laughed at the dress it landed on. I couldn't imagine myself in a dress that revealing so I looked to the one beside it.

I was close enough.

This dress was simple. It was a bohemian styled dress; it had spaghetti straps and off the shoulder straps, a loose style, lace, and was knee length. I fell in love with it immediately.