Chapter 35- Memories

By now I was sobbing holding onto the letter tightly. I lost count of how many times I read over it, but every time I did I felt some kind of pang in my chest. I think it's because I doubted their love for me at time, or because I was selfish.

I felt strong arms wrap around me I didn't bother pushing the away, it felt comfortable. I immediately knew who it was, the only person that brings me comfort is Ryder. I cried into his chest not caring if I got his shirts wet from my tears.

"It's okay baby. Let it out, let it all out." Ryder cooed. After a couple of minutes of my endless sobbing I started hiccuping, I let it a shaky breath as I wiped my tears away.

I put the card back in the box and looked back inside, the box was filled with cards with different dates on them. There were a few small boxes inside, but one thing caught my eye. It was a book. Not any type of book, a journal type of book.

The cover was a cream-ish color with a couple sparkles here and there. On the middle were the words, Journal caved in gold. At the bottom were three initials.

N. E. L.

The initials were either my mom's or mine. I opened it to the first page and gasped when I saw who was in the middle. Me as a newborn, my mother had me in her arms looking a me lovingly while my dad was behind her with a hand wrapped around her waist and looking at me with a big smile. I've only ever seen my dad smile like that when we were talking in the hospital.

As I looked at the picture I realized they were in my room upstairs. I looked at what my mom wrote at the bottom of the picture.

5:39 pm
December 15, 1998

I will forever remember this day and the happiness it brought me. It was first time Nichole giggled and it was a beautiful sound to my ears.

The next picture was a picture of my parents at prom. My mom's dress was a beautiful aqua blue, it landed right above her knees, the top was lace with a few rhinestone covering the neck like a necklace, her heels where silver and probably around three or four inches. Her make up was done flawlessly along with her hair was curled. She looked more than stunning, my father was in a black tux with a aqua blue tie, he wore shiny black shoes and his hair was gelled back. They were staring at the camera with big smiles on their faces. They looked so carefree and young.

I didn't know I was smiling until I  felt cheeks hurt, was I smiling that big?

I flipped around the book and was laughing or frowning at some pictures. I don't know how much time I spent sitting on the floor flipping through the book, but I put everything back in its box when I felt my legs numb, probably from the position I was in. I stood up with the box in my hands, wobbling a little. Ryder steadied me.

"Easy there tiger, I know you fell for me, but chill." I roll my eyes, but smiles anyways.

"Ryder we both know you fell for me first." I smirked.

"I think I did from the day I bumped into you." He said.

"You finally admitted you bumped into me." I pointed at Ryder than at me.

"I bumped to you on purpose." He said.

"Jerk you made me late and get in a bad mood, which caused me to get detention. I guess fate chose  us." I said nudging him on the shoulder.