2• Knock

Tyler's pov

I sat on my bed staring at the little painted white door in the middle of my wall. I slipped the bit of paper out of my pocket and examined the knock code written on it.

To knock..or not to knock..

I brought my kness up and hugged them to my chest as i rested my head on top of them, watching the little door as if it was going to do something.

I've never used my little door much, I guess that's because I never really had much use for it or even a desire to use it. I got it installed when I was thirteen.

Here in the land of blurryface, there are no phones and no computers, all electronics are attracted to buildings to help you with everyday tasks rather than for your own personal entertainment, so that is where the little doors come in.
The doors are what connects people from all around the world, and the key to them is a knock. Every door owner has a different type of knock, and if you tap out that rhythm on your own door, you will be able to connect with many other people through their doors. It's as simple as that.

Sometimes when I'm bored and in my room I'll glance at the door and consider just tapping out a random knock and just seeing who could be on the other side. Prank knocking just for some form of amusement.

But I never do..

I slipped off of my bed and into the floor, shuffling across the carpet on my knees until I reached the little door.

I traced my fingers over it's shiny painted surface, over it's grooves and cracks until I brought my hand down to the brassy coloured circular knob.
I twisted the knob and heard the door click, and squeak slightly as I pulled the door open.

I came face to face with the black void.
It was a deep black space of nothing, no floor no walls, just emptiness. Sometimes I'd just sit there and find myself getting lost as I stared into the black abyss.

As I got used to the feeling of sitting in front of the door I imagined if there were someone on the other side. It surely isn't that bad to at least try to talk to someone, they could be nice, we might even turn out to be good friends for all I know.

I poked the door with my finger until it closed.
I sat there looking at the little door for a moment, my brain deciding whether or not what I was about to do was a good idea or not. I knew it most likely wouldn't be a good idea but I pushed my thought away.

I sighed and quickly got up off the floor and went over to the device on the wall and set it to 'do not disturb', this blocks of my tube so that no one can use it to get into my room.

I then crept back over to the door.

"There is no harm in trying tyler." I whispered to myself trying to build up my motivation and confidence.
"Everyone else is probably meeting their knock buddy, you should do it too."

I took in a deep breath as I knelt in front of the door.
I looked down in my palm at the crumpled piece of paper.
I brought my fist up to the doors hard surface, my knuckles against it as I slowly began to tap out the knock code for 'josh dun'.

I felt a nauseas sick feeling in the pit of my stomach as I came closer to the end of the knock. I don't know who's going to be on the other side, what if they don't want to talk to me, why am I even doing this?

I gently tapped the final knock on the door.

Oh god what have I done, why did I do this, no I'm not ready to talk to anyone just yet!

Regardless, I forced myself to open up my little door again and cautiously peek into it. No one had answered the knock yet, the doors were probably still connecting.