Chapter Nineteen

Chapter 19.

Couple weeks later.

Hastily,I begin to pick up the pace as I begin to hear it coming closer. I really hate running for the bus but I need to get one before my parents realise I'm gone and they both come hunting for me. I can't believe I'm running away. I take a glance over my shoulder and the bus has nearly caught up with me. I look forward again and come to realise there's nobody at the rassclart bus stop. I sigh and roll my eyes in annoyance as I hesitantly begin to run towards the bus stop with one of my hands stuck out,indicating for the bus driver to stop here for me. I bet I look such a fool right now with all these bags on me.
"Thank you". I smiled to the driver as I tap my oyster.
Most of the seats downstairs are taken, I decided to go on the upper deck and go straight to the back with no hesitation.
"So is this how it's now,hmm?". A voice said as I began to look for my phone. I look over to my left and sitting there is Rafael.
"Ohh hi,I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there". I apologised.
"And how comes you've blocked me off snapchat,Instagram,Twitter basically everything?Are we opps now?". Rafael questioned.
"Woah,I don't remember blocking you off anything. Are sure you're thinking of the right person".
"Look if didn't wanna be friends anymore you should of talked to man instead cutting me off with no warning". He said
"Mothers life,I did not block you off anything...it was probably Lorenzo! He don't like you".
"Not gonna lie though,what's me talking to you got to do with him?".
"Well,he's my boyfriend now soo I guess it was time for me to drop all my hoes".
"Oi,shut up". He laughed. "But you two are on a serious ting now?". He asked.
"Yeah but nobody else knows. We're trying to keep it lowkey. Well were trying to". I replied.
He nods.
I begin to search for my phone again but it's not any of my pockets and I'm sure I put in one of them.
"What are you looking for?". Rafael questioned as he moved closer to me.
"My phone,I need to call Lorenzo". I said.
"Maybe it's in one of those 5 bags you've got...why do you have so many bags?". He asked looking extremely confused.
I sigh.
"This may sound stupid but don't laugh at me...I'm running away from yard". I said
Rafael's cheeks expand as he tries to maintain his laughter but eventually bursts out laughing hysterically.
I glare at him with a straight face till he realises that I'm not playing around.
"You're actually on a serious ting b". He said in surprised tone. "Why and where are you going to go".
"Basically..." I started.

Flashback to 2 hours ago⏮.
"Neveah get your backside down here now please". Mum shouted from the top of the stairs.
What have I done know,i thought to myself.
"Yes mother". I said as I skipped down the stairs with one eyebrow done🙄.
"Me and your dad need to have a serious talk with you". She said sternly.
Oh yeah so my dad's feeling and looking better now. He's stop isolating himself from everyone and has gone back to his old self. I guess that's because his brother out of hospital. I saw my uncle a couple weeks ago in palmers green,he looks fit and healthy but I didn't holla him.
My mum walks into the living room and I trail behind her. I walk in and see Trinity crawling around on her doing her own little bits. Believe my baby's 8 months now😭💖. My dads sitting down with his eyes glued onto his phone but then puts it away when he becomes aware that me and my mum are in the room.
"Nevs,I need to telling you something". He begins with serious look.
Millions of thoughts rush through my head as being to think of what I have could of possibly done wrong? Have they found out about Lorenzo? Did they clock that I sniff crack cocaine? Ngl,I don't know why that thought came into my head cos only thing I be sniffing is air boi.
"Ite so boom,basically I'm a-". He starred
"Drug dealer? Oh I already know dad". I said cutting him of mid sentence
Parents both glance at each other.
"How do you know Neveah?". Mum asked.
"This girl called Milo told me by accident after Athena was telling her went down with Leon,their dad and Adrianna".
"Oh so I'm guessing you know about my brother,your uncle being shot?".
"Yeah I do...sorry about that?".
"No babygirl don't be sorry,it's truly not your fault. I wished I just handled the whole situation better you know,like a man".
"Instead of being some next pussio". My suddenly dropped.
"MUM?". I laughed. How can just drop that it's calm.
"I'm noting going to lie to you,Damon I was angry with you for not telling me wagwarn. You didn't have to go through all of this on your own and leave us worrying. I actually thought you stopped loving me".
"I'll never stop loving you Alison,lowe them talks". My dad said pulling her in for a kiss.
My parents act like their 16,speaking with bare slang in their sentences and that.
"I can't imagine what you went through though,with what happened with your par-". I carelessly blurred trying to inter out their but not being of aware of what I was gonna finishing off saying.
"Neveah how do you know all this?". My dad asked looking confused and frustrated.
"Well Leon told me this,after I found out you're a drug dealer. I've known for weeks dad".
"So there's no point in having this conversation with you?".
I nod and stand up from the sofa. I go over to Trinity and begin to play with her and toys before I go back upstairs and finish my make up.
"Are you going out Neveah?". My mum yawned and she stood up too.
"Yeah I'm gonna go see Jordan and Remarni,I haven't seen Jordan in a while". I said.
I've been seeing Remarni at college and he's been good. You should seen how gassed he was when we finished all our exams. A-levels is a bloodclart myth.
Suddenly,someone's phone starts ringing and because we all have iPhones we don't who's it is. I feel up my pockets but my phones in none of them so I probably left it upstairs.
"Hello". My mum spoke into the phone.
"...."
"Why are you calling my daughters phone exactly?". She asked. Ngl,I thought my phone was upstairs. I slowly stand up as begin to think that might be Lorenzo on the line. My dad looks at me with a scrunched up look on his face.
"Wait,wait,hold up. Can you repeat that". My mum removes MY phone from her ear and shows my phone to my dad and he raises an eyebrow.
"Put it on loudspeaker". My dad mouthed.
"Sorry what was you saying again?". My said.
The person on the phone sighs.
"How many fucking times do I have to tell you Neveah's my girlfriend".
Lorenzo done fucked up big time. The confidence he has will get killed one day, I swear😭.
"Excuse me??", My mums voice goes high pitched as she screwed my phone,looking highly offended.My dads mouth drops. "So this are type of boys your are dealing with". My dad shouts as the Nigerian in him starts to be expressed. I dare you try get farse with my mum and see if you don't get one nasty tump pon your bloodclart. Man like dad will murder you.
I run up to my mum and snatch the my phone out of her hand then hang up the call with Lorenzo. I fully can't believe he spoke to my mum like that.
"WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THIS BOY NEVEAH". She screams at me. I don't even try reply.
"ANSWER HA". My dad added. It's mad 'cos if I don't answer I'll get banged but if I answer I will still get banged.
"What's the rush Neveah,why do you feel to have the need to have a boyfriend,especially a boy who's gonna speak to your mother like that? You better pray I don't catch him". My dad said.
"Neveah you know I don't like this boy,this is the second time he's talked to my like I'm one of his bredrins but still decide to be with him. He comes in my yard and disrespects but you still let him get away with it?I will murder both of you". She ranted. At this moment I really do not care of what my parents have go to say right now. I've done with being so rass negative all the time and creating problems where there isn't any.
"Give me your phone". She said lowering her voice. My gaze is fixed on the floor and I don't look up at my mum or dad. Right now my bravery levels are high so I look up at my mum and glare at her straight in the eyes.
"No".
*Back to the bus journey with Rafael *
"You told your mum no?Your looking to jooked init. You ain't serious about life I mean come onnn,you're 17 life's too short". Rafael shook his head.
"No but she's always interfering with everything. I understand she cares but sometimes she needs chill". I said.
"So what happened next". He asked.
"After I said no, she began to shout at me,curse me allaa dat and I just argued back. Then I ran upstairs and locked my room,packed my clothes and dipped out the balcony from bedroom and ran away".
"The way you say it like its nothing. I thought your dad would of fuming".
"Oh he was,I could tell but he had somethings going on before so I don't think he could be bothered to go off on me". I said.
"Neveah you know you done fucked up right?".