Caleb→Always There

You're walking through school toward one of your classes. Your phone buzzes. "Bet you're gonna miss him when he's gone. Kisses. –A" You weren't surprised. I had been almost 7 months since your last A message, but about a week ago, they started up again. You wondered if the other girls were getting messages too, but you didn't ask. You hadn't told Caleb yet either. You were scared of what A would do if you did. You walk into chemistry class and see Caleb sitting there waiting for you. He gets up to greet you.
"Hey babe. How's your day going?"
"Um... pretty good. You?"
"Much better now that I'm in class with you." He kisses your forehead.
The bell rings and you take your seat at a lab table with Caleb next to you. As usual Caleb grabs your hand while the teacher talks and you slightly smile feeling safe again. 10 minutes later the teacher stops talking and hands out a test review for you all to work on the rest of the period. About 5 minutes later you tell Caleb you'll be right back and then ask the teacher to go to the restroom.
You leave your phone on the table when you leave and it buzzes. Caleb picks it up seeing the message that automatically popped on the screen. "Secrets can kill, but you won't be the one dying. –A" Caleb is shocked. He begins scrolling through your messages and sees that A has been messaging you for the last two weeks most of which threatening to kill him. You walk back in but he immediately pulls you back into the hallway.
"Caleb, what are you doing? You're going to get in trouble."
He holds up the phone with the A messages open. "What is this?"
"I was going to tell you."
"When? Because it looks like it's been going on for weeks and you haven't yet."
"Caleb please."
Caleb just nods his head and walks back into the classroom and keeps your phone. For the rest of the period you sat in silence.
[after last period bell]
You are at your locker. Caleb still hasn't given you back your phone. You don't really care. At least its with him so A can't bother you. You close your locker and are startled by Caleb leaning against the locker next to yours.
"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."
"It's okay."
He hands you your phone. "I'm sorry about how I handled everything earlier. I shouldn't have freaked out as much as I did. I understand why you didn't tell me. You were scared of what A would do."
"Alright. So you're not mad at me?"
"No. Of course not. I was less mad at you and more worried."
"okay good."
He hugs you and you both walk out of the school together. He drives you home.
"Can I stop by later?"
"Uh...Maybe. I don't know yet."
You get out of the car and walk into your house and go upstairs.
[Two Hours Later]
You're sitting on your bed with multiple messages from A coming in all at once. You start crying and freaking out. You are home alone. You run out of your room and go to your mom's liquor cabinet and grab her bottle of whiskey. Then you grab your phone again and text Caleb. "Caleb I can't risk your life anymore. We can't be together anymore. I'm sorry. Goodbye." You are now violently crying and wishing you were dead. Two hours goes by and you haven't heard back from Caleb and you are already almost through two bottles of whiskey and about 6 beers. You wish you were dead. You go back to the liquor cabinet and grab a bottle of vodka. Suddenly you fall to the floor and break down. That is when you hear the front door burst open.
"Y/N!?!"
You don't respond.
"Where are you?!"
You still don't answer.
You hear him come up the stairs and check your room. He sees all the bottles. Suddenly he bursts in the door of your mom's room and finds you laying on the ground.
"Y/N!"
He runs to your side. And pulls you into his lap.
"Caleb go away. I can't put you in danger. Please."
"No Y/N, I'm not leaving and we aren't breaking up. I'm not letting A get away with that and I'm certainly not letting you do this to yourself again. I'm never going to let you go back to this life. I'm never going to leave you. I will always pick you up when you fall. I will never just let you destroy yourself again. We are in this together and I plan to keep it that way."
You wrap your arms around him and cry. Nobody has ever cared that much. Nobody has ever stuck around for you like that. Suddenly he speaks again.
"Look at me."
You sit up and look him in the eyes. He kisses you.
"Don't ever do anything like this again."
You nod.
"Promise me."
"I promise, Caleb."
"Good."
He pulls you into a hug and hugs you and holds you. Eventually you fall asleep. Once you fall asleep he picks you up and carries you to your bed and lays you down. He lays down next to you and falls asleep. You both sleep there the whole night and go to school together the next morning, happily and strongly together.
-
credit to pll-imagines on Tumblr