Chapter two

Sorry its been forever since ive updated, i was grounded for a while.

Enjoy!

---------------------------------

Maria's p.o.v

As I awoke to the sound of my alarm , I reached over my bedside table and turned my alarm off. In the distance I could hear my brother and mother talking. I got up, walking towards the door, the voices got closer and louder. I walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. After I was done i walked back into my room, shut the door and opened my closet. Deciding on what I was going to wear on the first day, I picked out a dress shirt and my black leggings and set them on my bed. I took off my pajamas and put on my school clothes. As I walked downstairs i saw my mom, with dark bruises all over her face and neck. "Goodmorning sweetheart!" She said. Her soft voice echoing in my head. "Hey mom" I replied back. I opened the refrigerator looking for something to eat. I grabbed the last two pieces of pizza from a couple nights ago and threw them in the microwave. "Did you just eat the last two pieces? My brother asked. "Uhh yeah but if you want them you can take them I didn't know anybody wanted them" I took the hot plate out of the microwave and placed it onto the counter. "No, if you want it then have it" he replied back. 

   After listening to Jared ramble on about being a DJ, i quickly ran into the upstairs bathroom. Luckily i didn't have any bruises, but the thoughts of yesterday night were still running through my head.  Just a few nights ago we were all disk golfing and having a good time as a whole family, next thing you know he's beating my mom. I guess that's what happens when you're always drinking. Trying not to cry, i walk downstairs, grabbing my backpack. I kiss my mother goodbye.

Jared was taking me to school today, i guess it was because he felt bad about yesterday, but i didn't mind.

  Lakeshore Superior High, although it was a small school, it was very easy to find yourself lost inside.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jared asked.

" Just peachy." I sighed as i got out of the car. I wasn't good with talking to people about my feelings. 

As i walk into school, about 1,300 students gather around the auditorium.

It was now 8:05. Waiting patiently for Principle Davis to finish his presentation on Lakeshore's standards and regulations, a fancy term for the rules that nobody even followed.

The morning bell rung, it was time to head to class. Every student seemed to know exactly where to go...all of them but me. Looking at every class looking for room 143. 

" Hey are you lost? Do you need help?" A voice said behind me.

"No tha-"

I turned around, looking at the cutest boy i've ever seen.

" Actually, yeah i do. I'm looking for 143."

"Hmm really?" He smiled. " It just so happens that i have to go there too, follow me." He started walking to the north wing of the school.

"New huh?" He asked

"Yeah haha,you?"

" Nah, This is my second year."

" So you're in 11th?"