12 ⊳ AWAY

ICE HEART
xii. away
❝THEN AGAIN, A KONSŌ SOUNDS GOOD.❞

Ayame's blue orbs widened as she felt a sharp pain strike her back and something cold dripping down it a few seconds later

Ayame's blue orbs widened as she felt a sharp pain strike her back and something cold dripping down it a few seconds later. Hastily, the blonde-haired female snapped her head around to see the familiar, smirking, white-haired female flash step away from Ayame with blood covering the tip of her zanpakutō.

"You managed to defeat all of my duplicates. Impressive." Kōri no Joō commented, praising her master's abilities, "Even though your spiritual pressure was being drained dramatically, it was like you didn't even notice. That's good. It means that you have grown to fight well even when you're weak and have barely any spiritual pressure remaining."

At that, Ayame's eyes widened as she noticed how weak and fatigued she felt and the female mentally face palmed herself for forgetting that whenever she brought out her duplicates to fight, it drained her spiritual pressure massively. The blonde-haired female was brought back to reality when she saw that Kōri No Joō had raised her blade and she had smirked lightly, telling the blonde that she was going to strike again.

"However, will that be able to last against me?" Kōri no Joō asked as she charged towards the blonde with inhuman speed and they clashed blades.

The paid both added more force into their zanpakutō, for no result to be made of it. Both of them pulled back and flash stepped away from each other with a smirk plastered on their faces. Kōri no Joō flash stepped behind the blonde and just as she was about to strike her down, Ayame snapped her head around and blocked the attack. The petite woman quickly kicked Kōri no Joō's stomach and sent her flying against the wall. The zanpakutō threw her hand out in front of her, causing ice shards to rocket towards the blonde, who flash stepped away from the flurry of shards and sent her own towards Kōri no Joō. The zanpakutō' eyes widened as she hastily flash stepped away before sending a blast of ice towards Ayame, who rapidly formed an ice wall in front of her, blocking the ice blast, before she flash stepped towards Kōri no Joō's weakened state and slashed her across the chest again, making blood fly out of the deep wound. Kōri no Joō fell to the ground, clutching her chest and panting heavily. She threw more ice shards at Ayame in an attempt to harm me, but they were quite weak considering how distracted she was by her injuries. She crawled to her knees and coughed before shakily standing up. Suddenly, she clapped her hands together, making Ayame's blue orbs widen with shock, already knowing what was coming.

"Wave one, Shi No Kurappu." She commented as several swords surrounded Ayame.

"Wave two, Furīzu." The blonde spoke as her skin turned paler and paler till it reached a pale blue. To anybody else, it would've looked like she had frozen to death.

As the several swords began to approach the blonde, she quickly formed an ice wall around me to reduce the amount of damage that would be done to her body. The swords flew through the ice, shattering it completely, but as soon as they came in contact with the female's body, they froze and fell to the ground as ice began to cover them.