Chapter one- New Beginnings

He may have been the lawyer for Ellie Porters but he was surprised like Sgt Benson when the judge had asked her to take Noah Porters under her care.

But then he thought about it when Olivia and ACS had brought Noah to the prison, Trevor could see the look in Olivia's eyes when it comes to the child. He had seen it before a very long time ago, when he had known her better, before they had become cop and lawyer.

Had Judge Linden known their secret or was it something that Olivia had done in the past to get the attention of the judge. Trevor notice the court was nearly empty; head of ACS was talking to Olivia about picking up Noah. He collected his things and head towards Olivia who was now standing alone.

"Livia, are you okay?" Trevor asked using an old nickname.

"Noah's mine. I need to get him, I have nothing I need everything".

"Livia, I can help if you'll let me"

"Sure I need to pick up Noah. Can you get me the basics?"

"Of course I can. Just need your address & spare key" he said as they walked out towards the court carport. Trevor could tell Olivia was nervous, he was nervous at why Olivia hadn't said anything about the nickname.

While Olivia went to pick up Noah, Trevor headed to baby'r us to pick up some stuff for Olivia and Noah. When he reached the car park, Trevor jotted down somethings that would be needed.

Box of nappies

Baby bath plus shampoo, soap, baby wash

Crib plus bedding

6-9 month clothing & sleepwear

Pacifier

4 bottles, formula

Plush toy

Changing table

He tried to remember all the things that he had needed for his son. He knew he needed to get everything and get back to Olivia's apartment before she got home with the little tike. He shoots back to his apartment and got a photo which he copied and took a copy for Olivia.

The first thing he moved into Olivia's apartment was the crib & changing table as they were the heaviest before he went back down to get the lighter stuff. He snuck into Olivia's bedroom and placed the photo that he had brought with him on her bedside table. He found a small bedroom off to the side of the living area where he set up the crib and changing table.

After he had sorted out all the baby equipment, he went on and placed the baby bottles and formula by the fridge. He decided to stick around; while he was making a pot of tea the door opened and in walked Olivia with a semi asleep child. Trevor walked up to Olivia & took Noah from her arms without saying a word and taking him to get changed for bed. He didn't notice that Olivia had followed them into the room. He checked Noah's nappy before changing him into the rocket ship onesie that he had chosen. Trevor whispered in Noah's ear "I love you little man" before saying out loud "sleep well soldier", putting him down in the cot that he had just made up, 25 minutes prior to them arriving home. Trevor left the room while Olivia spent some time with her new son.