four. hidden secrets

{ H I D D E N   S E C R E T S }

THE GHOSTS were gone. They had officially found peace on the other side and they no longer had to wonder alone for all eternity. After last night, Damon had called Kristina to inform her about the discovery Mason Lockwood has made in the old Lockwood dungeon. But before he could find out, Mason was sucked back through the barrier. The only thing stopping Damon from finding out about the secrets it hid was the fact his vampirism would not let him pass.

Alaric, Elena, Damon and Kristina ventured through the caves with lanterns and torches as a form of light, they hoped that what the was down there would bring them the answers they needed.

"So the Lockwood's really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?" Kristina asked as she avoided the cob webs.

"Yeah." Alaric acknowledged before turning to Elena. "Elena careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light."

Elena froze in her steps with an incredulous look "Wait. What?"

"Elena." Damon whispered in her ear in hopes to scare her. Her head whipped around to find Damon standing there "Boo!"

Elena gasped in fright "God, Damon."

Kristina rolled her eyes as a chuckled left her lips. "Just ignore him." Alaric remarked "That's what I do."

"So you really can't get in?" Elena responded in attempts to change the subject.

"No." Damon's face changed into an annoyed look at another one of the Lockwood's shenanigans "Seems even the ancient Lockwood's were anti-vampire."

"Who can blame them. I mean werewolves hate vampires, why do you think I hate you so much?" Kristina shrugged, clearly joking

"Well why do you think vampires hate werewolves so much? Because they smell like dogs." He grinned.

Kristina smirked with raised hands. "Touché."

"What do you mean, ancient?" Elena intervened before they could continue.

Damon gestured to the opening behind him as they walked inside "See for yourself. This is as far as I get to go."

As Kristina entered the cave deeper, past the barrier where Damon was stuck. She smirked to herself before gasping "Oh my god, Damon! I can't believe this. This is just unbelievable."

The others looked at her with a smile as Damon attempted to peer around the corner, curiosity in his eyes "What is it? Krist?"

"It's...its..." She drawled out as Damons frustration grew. Her tone suddenly went flat as she looked around "It's rocks, Damon. And a whole bunch of them."