t w o

Two - Adrien Agreste

• • •

"Go! Your going to be late on your first day!" Sabine urged as she began pushing her out of the bakery. "I'm going! I'm going!" Marinette muttered back as she quickly kissed her mother's cheek and told her to send one to her dad, who was currently cleaning the shop. Running to work, she quickly unlocked her phone to see Alya's face pop up. Pressing the green phone icon, Alya's face as hunched to the phone. "Girl, Nino can't cover for much longer! Where are you?!" Alya hissed. "Give me 20 seconds and I'll be there." Marinette answered as she ended the call and slipped her phone into her sachet. In the opposite hand of the one she was holding her phone was a pastel pink box. It was the reason she was so late. She had woken up early (for the first time) to make some bakery goods for Adrien. Alya had somehow gotten some information, but Marinette didn't question it.

Running up the short steps that led to the Agreste Mansion, she carefully opened the door to find Alya letting out a sigh of relief. Nino walked away from Natalie with sweat sliding down the side of his head. "That is never going to happen again." Nino stated and Marinette giggled. "Ooo! For moi?" Alya asked as she attempted to grab the box treats but Marinette tore it out of her range. "I knew you would ask so I made you guys croissants. I assume you skipped breakfast again?" Marinette asked as she opened the box and took out two croissants and handed them one each. Their eyes seemed to glow as they began to eat it. She heard muffled 'thank you's.

"Ms Marinette, you are needed in Mr Agreste's office." Nathalie said in a monochrome tone as she walked towards the group. Nino and Alya instantly hid the croissants behind their back and forcefully smiled; there was no way in hell they were going to eat it in one go without savoring it.

Nathalie began walking away and Marinette followed. She turned around and showed them her crossed fingers. They crossed their fingers as well. She turned back around to face Nathalie's back. They walked upstairs, around a few bends and finally reached a door larger than any other. Nathalie knocked on the door and when she heard a soft 'come in', she walked in with Marinette following in nervously.

Gabriel stood up from his chair and looked at Marinette. "Ms Marinette, for being my son's personal maid, you must know the rules and regulations," he pushed a document away from him and towards Marinette, "I will have you read this, please return it tomorrow. You are dismissed."
With that Marinette walked out holding the document.

"Ugh... which door is it?" Marinette grumbled as she walked down one of the many hallways. Glancing at the doors she passed, she quickly took a peek at her phone
10:03
'Late on my first day, this ought to make a great impression'

"Mari?"

The blue-haired maid swerved her head behind her to find Alya holding cleaning supplies and Nino holding a notebook and pen. "Guys! Thank God I found you! Do you know where Adrien's room is? I'm already late and-" Marinette was sharply cut off by Alya's chuckle. "No sweat girl, we were heading there right now." Nino nodded, "Come on, it's not far from here."

The trio began running down the hall, making a few left turns before stopping at a double door which was larger than the others. Nino knocked in the most ungraceful way possible, allowing Marinette to gulp nervously. Alya intertwined her hands with her best friends, letting Marinette relax her shoulders.

"Come in, Nino."

Marinette shot Alya a look but she simply shrugged. Nino opened the door and smirked. "Hey Adrien. I brought a few friends." Alya walked in with confidence but Marinette let her hand go and stood at the doorway. "Adrien, meet-"

"Marinette, I know who she is." he gave her a warm smile. He was wearing his usual clothes; blue jeans, black top and white-short-sleeved jacket. "Uhm Sir A-Adrien, sorry for being late..." Marinette said in a quiet, meek voice. "It's fine, you must have gotten lost or something." he answered. Marinette nodded at his statement. "Yeah, even though she has been here for years, just like us, she has never assisted you in anything personally. Can you believe that?! I bet you that that's Chloe's doing...." Alya ranted before crossing her arms and puffing out her cheeks in annoyance. "I second that." Nino added. "Anyway, we only came here because we were supposed to be your backup. We kinda ditched our posts-" Nino was cut off by Marinette grabbing Alya's spray bottle and shooting both Nino and Alya. "You did WHAT? Get outta here! Shoo!" Marinette began pushing both the laughing rebels out before slamming the door shut. Marinette puffed for a moment before clearing her throat and turned around to face the model. "Sorry about them, Sir." she was shocked to see him attempting to hold in his laughter but failed miserably.

Marinette blushed lightly but began laughing too. The laughed for what seemed like 5 minutes but was probably for a few moments (which Marinette would treasure forever). "So have you read the document yet?" Adrien asked as he sat on his bed. "Very briefly so I don't exactly know what I'm doing Sir..." she said as she bowed her head slightly as a sign of apology. "It's all good, and just call me Adrien. I guess what Chloe used to do was stick by my side constantly but I'm not sure if that's apart of the job description..." he murmured. Marinette coughed in disgust at the sound of her name. "I don't think that's in the document Sir- I mean Adrien. But if you want personal space, then you can count on it. I'm nothing like that daddy's girl." Marinette scowled. Adrien smiled once again, "Thank you, I'm glad to hear it."

The rest of the day was spent very wisely in Marinette's eyes. The two got to know each other more. They shared alot of laughs and know alot about eachother. Marinette quickly learned how to contain her stutters but her blush had seemed to have gotten worse (especially because Adrien was throwing compliments at her as if it wasn't effecting her [so dense]).

As the day ended, Marinette said her goodbyes and began running home. Adrien looked through the window, watching his maid. He remembered what she said about personal space and chuckled.

'I know we barely know eachother;

but I just know that we'll be great friends.

I wouldn't mind you being by my side 24/7...'

Marinette completely forgot about her treats for Adrien;

and left it in Adrien's room;

did she sign it?

  • • •   

Damn, I'm back at it again with the late updates. My apologies, school has been a pain and I barely have any free time. I haven't properly edited this so excuse the mistakes~

Also, this was supposed to be atleast 1.5k words long but I only managed 1.1; again, I suck

hope yall enjoyed!