The Tragedy Seeker

CHAPTER 1

The night sky was filled with shrieks. I lay on the cold, hard ground prancing around the thought of lifting my body up and running- but no. That was not an option in my mind. All I could do was lay here. Forget about family. Forget about school. Forget about Luke. Forget about all that mattered in my old life.

Somone, sounding like a woman's powerful screams of my name linger in my ear drums. A sharp pain eats away on my chest. I look down only to find blood running out of want appeared to be a knife wound. What is happening?

Out of the already crowded sky comes a noise that sounds like an old telephone ringer. I am confused. And cold. And tired.

Finally something strange happens. I come to my senses and....

"Hurry Lily, wake up you lazy girl," yells Marnie, my irrating room mate and coincidental best friend.

"Do you wanna be late for finals?" She questions as she is getting her books together and rushing out the door.

"Ugh, fine but I'm so tired," I reply with a streak of whininess in my voice.

"And I think I was having a nightmare" I state as I sat up in my bed to turn off my annoying old ringtone alarm.

Marnie exits the dorm, the big, loud door slamming behind her. I throw myself together and run off for class.

-------------

CHAPTER 2

"Alright students, you understand how this works, talking of any kind will be considered cheating and I can only repeat the question to you. I trust you all studied hard. Okay, you may begin." says Mr. Weinberg.

I flip over my page. "Uh solar metric system- oh why don't I know this stuff?!" I murmur to myself as my mind is drawing a large doodle called a blank.

"Pst- Hey... Lily," whispers Connor.

"What? I'm trying to focus on my test! Tell me later." I firmly state back, also whispering.

"Ugh, fine but someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Retorts Connor.

I rolled my eyes. Sometimes he can be so inconsiderate of my education. Boys.

CHAPTER 3

The exam is over but I have a strong feeling in my gut that I didn't do so great.

As I leave the classroom and head back to my dorm, Connor comes running up behind me.

"Hey Lily... Did you hear about those two hiker people last night?" questions Connor hoping that I would say "no".

"Uh no I don't think I did. What happened?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Okay well two hikers that were a couple were walking over in the cornfield out on the highway," he starts the story.

"Oh you mean Schrameflin's Farm?" I interrupt.

"Yah that one, so anyway the hikers got lost in the field and apparently they were in there over night and the girl was separated from her husband and she was stabbed 6 times in the chest!" recounted Connor.

I'm surprised. The thought makes me sick to my stomach. Was it just a coincidence that when I dreamt about a cornfield and me almost dying that a murder occurred last night in the field? I would never metion anything outoud. I wasn't about to embarrass myself in front of my friends. Oh I can just imagine how I would never hear the end of it!

"Oh that's surprising, I guess." I say without giving too much away. I completely shut out the rest of the world under the command of my thoughts.

"You don't seem to care that much, Lily. What's wrong?" Connor proposes.