Chapter One

The light buzzed on for the first time in days, maybe even weeks, burning my eyes. I bury my face into the excuse of a cot I'm forced to sleep on as I listen to the shuffling of feet coming towards me.

"Get up, Tyler." Someone says nudging me slightly. I don't move , I don't speak, I don't do anything. I'm too exhausted.

"You're gonna rot away in here. Come on, Tyler. Get up. I want you to meet someone." I groan internally at the thought of getting up. The more awake and active I am, the louder and more violent the voices become. They become almost impossible to control. I slowly shuffle to my feet sighing as spikes of pain shoot up my legs from their lack of use. I stretch my aching limbs and then follow the nurse out of the room. We wind down hallway after hallway until we get to a little white living room area. I'm not sure why I'm here. No one comes to visit me. My parents disowned me years ago when I was sent here. They weren't going to let a "devil-tainted abomination" into their house to ruin their "pure" children of God. I honestly just want to go back to my room and continue to rot away in darkness. The nurse drags me over to a small white couch.
"This is Joshua, your new room mate, and his parents." The nurse smiles at them while pushing me down onto the couch across from them. He plops down next to me and I stare at the ground until I hear someone clear their throat. I slowly look back up and my eyes meet a set of dark brown eyes. I scan the face belonging to this beautiful set of eyes. Such a beautiful creature. I want to tear him apart in the most tragic ways. 

"H-Hi, I'm Josh.." The boy, Josh, whispers looking down as his cheeks turned a rose color. He's blushing. A disgusting body response. He slowly looks up at me and a gasp escapes his lips.

"You look like a skeleton." I glare at him then glance down at my skinny body. How dare he say those words to me. How dare he compare me to something that is associated with death when I can't even feel the sweet release of death myself. I slowly rise to my feet, my blood boiling. I want to hurt him but I know I have to control myself. 

"He's not staying in my room. It's my room. He can find his own way around this place. I'm not a babysitter for momma's little boy over here." I snap and turn on my heels to go back to my room.

//Author's note\\

This is my first book ever on here so this is kinda short. It's also unedited it so feel free to correct me on any errors but please be nice about it. I think 457 words is good for this chapter. I will try to update often.