Alaina Part 2!!

"Come on, you know it. I know it." Brittany urged

I scoffed "Pff, we're just best friends."

"whatever" Brittany said under her breath. I rolled my eyes. It's not that I hate Brittany, but she can be a little annoying. My blushing got heavier as I went to my third class with Ty.

Ty's POV-

I heard Brittany's and Laine's conversation. Britt was and wasn't right. Laine was right and wasn't right also. We are best friends. But I do like Laine a teensy bit. I'm doing a great job hiding it. We are partners in EVERYTHING. I remember when Laine almost fell of that cliff we always sat at. I was so damn scared. Thanks goodness I wasn't freaking out too much. Laine wasn't scared a bit. She's crazy.(In a good way, of course.) She's weird. She's an amazing friend.

Alaina's POV-

After school, Ty and I usually hang out near our private lake. Nobody except us knows about it. But Ty wasn't there at our usual time. I waited there. An hour passed without him. I walked home with a heavy heart. He must hate me for some reason. My mom was just cooking when I got there. "hey, Mom." I said with no feeling at all.

"How was school? Why are you so late?"

"School was fine. I am late because I was waiting for Ty to come with me, but he didn't show up." I sighed.

Mom smiled and shook her head. I plopped down and did my homework in a snap. Finally it's Friday. Homecoming is surprisingly TOMORROW.

Ty's POV-

I bet she feels pissed off. I was talking with Brittany about Laine. I'm so stupid. How could I have forgotten? She must've been waiting forever at our lake. I wanted to ask her to homecoming. I lost my chance. I might just call her and ask for her to come to the cliff. It's going to be so awkward. And Laine knows when I'm nervous or worried. At around 7 PM, I called her.

"Hey, Laine?"

"yea? What do you need?" she asked quietly.

I started shakily, "I wanted to meet up at the cliff."

"Oh um, okay" she said. I felt my cheeks burning as I walked in the orange and purple sunset.