[8] I'm Going to Die...of Boredom

AN: I'm baaaaaaaaack I know you guys missed me sooooo much (jk it's been like 10 minutes since I published the last chapter to when I started writing this one, goodness I need to get a life ;-; ).

Here's the next installment in His Little Bird, I hope y'all like it!

This is a photo of Ukon. I know, he's in modern clothes (just ignore that bit), but this is as close as I could get to what I pictured him to look like in my head without having to harm your poor eyes with a terrible drawing done by yours truly.

<3 A

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Everyone ready?" Eri Sensei's voice came in quiet over the radio. Sen nearly nodded, but then remembered that none of her teammates could see her.

"Sen in position."

"Ukon in position."

"...."

Eri Sensei sighed, "Hiroe, you need to vocalize to us when you're in position, you can't just stay silent the whole time.

"Tch."

"I'll take that as an 'I'm ready, Sensei.'"

"Tch."

Sen rolled her eyes and sighed heavily, it was so hard to work with someone who never talked. Especially when the only way to communicate was via talking. "Everyone ready?"

"On my count," Eri Sensei took over, "Three...two...one...go!" The three young ninja streaked into action, with their Sensei following a little bit more slowly behind, wanting them to get the action. Sen held a rope in her hands as she flew through the air. The three landed on the back of a massive beast...a bull. The bull's eyes turned red and smoke streamed from its nostrils as it let out a loud moo, pawing at the ground and snorting. The two boys grabbed onto its horns, trying to get it to stay still, their feet digging into the soft earth, as Sen tied the rope around its neck.

"Capture successful." Sen said, not bothering to use her transmitter this time, "Now to just bring this behemoth back home." This time, Eri Sensei did step in to help, taking one of the sides of the bull to make sure it didn't try and run off. Sen sat atop the beast, with Ukon leading it and Hiroe on the side opposite to their teacher. "This guy has been a real pain in the neck today." Sen muttered as she sat back and relaxed for the ride home.

"Remind me again why you get to do all the sitting and we have to do all the walking?" Ukon whined at her.

"Because, Ukon, I'm the one with the massive birds that can stop the brute if need be. I'm also cuter, so I get the easier job today." That last one was just to dig at the boy's nerves, and Eri Sensei had to stifle a chuckle. The three...well...mostly just the two of them, since one didn't talk, were always at each other's throats. It was like watching siblings bicker. 

Eventually, the bull began to act up again and Sen had to hop down to help the other three. The nasty attitude this lumbering beast had made for a difficult time getting him back into his pen. When Sen had finally slammed the gate shut, she wiped the sweat off her brow. "I swear, that should be counted as a C-Rank Mission, the little bastard." 

"I'd have to agree with you on that one, Sen." Eri Sensei said, shooting daggers at the nasty beast, who snorted at her and pawed the ground, causing the woman to flail as she turned around, whistling as though she didn't even notice the creature. 

"You really should...think before you go provoking creatures like that, Sensei." A quiet voice said. It was Hiroe. Eri's eyebrow twitched in annoyance. If there was one thing that boy spoke up for, it was chances to scold his Sensei. Her hand clenched into a fist as she suppressed the urge to clock him in the jaw for having such a smart mouth when he did opt to speak up. If only that wouldn't be frowned upon...maybe she'll have to get a punch or two in on him later under the facade that it was a training exercise.