Graveyard

My aunt was mesmerised by the beauty of the dark night and sparkling stars. "Isn't it ironic how people compare the beauty of life to something so dead" I said. She couldn't understand what I had meant. "The sky at night is basically a graveyard of stars". She couldn't believe it so she had it searched. I was right.

Most stars take millions of years for their light to reach us and by that time they could already be dead. Lights extinguished and gone. We ponder at a graveyard of stars and the only sign of life and luck is a shooting star. Yet so beautiful. So very still.

I have a crush on Orion's belt. The three stars placed behind each other. Or so, the Three Kings; Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka. When I was little I had a habit of sitting by the outer edge of the second floor window. My legs dangling, my chin upwards talking to my favourite three. I cried to them, expressed my loneliness, talked about my days. Most days I'd spent with them were rather quiet. My voice was never heard, my silence never taken in.

Lets fast forward to this year. I have met someone very dear to me. He's my best friend and definitely even more than that. I had a habit of sitting in the car with him. I'd cry to him. Express my loneliness. Talk about my days. Most days spent with him were rather Quiet. I tend to hold his hands every chance I'd get. He had beauty marks all over him and it was somewhat of a mission for me to count them all. I found three, placed behind each other on his palm. An Orion's belt, right there. The whole time.

I was heard.

My silence certainly taken in.

Iman-  https://hereithrive.wordpress.com