Buy Me a Drink.

Chapter 17

At first Lucas thought that the doctor wasn't serious. That this whole thing was a daydream and he'd wake up from this horrid nightmare.

"I'm sorry can you just repeat what you said for me?"

I said to shoot on sight.

"I know this goes against patient confidentiality but I don't really give a damn and you said right now you aren't speaking to me as a doctor. So I need to know. What did he say in your sessions?"

Dr. Knicks releases a heavy sigh, clearly contemplating on what he wanted to do. The officer was about to interrupt his train of thought when he finally spoke up.

He truly believes Riley wants to be with him. Which is a normal thing for people with his condition. He has made a promise that they will be together forever and I do believe this is his way of keeping his promise.

The green eyed man inhaled heavily, Riley was his. And he had no intention of sharing.

"I'll keep her safe Dr. Knicks thank you for the advice."

He hung up the phone and meandered back into the living room. Riley had her hair up on top of her head and her fingers tapped against her lips as she contemplated where she wanted things to go in the kitchen. Lucas knew his fiancée was trying to distract herself from the real problem at hand and unfortunately he was going to have to talk to her. "Hey sweetheart."

"Yeah?" Her brown eyes tore away their gaze from the glasses to his smoldering green orbs. 

"You okay?" The brunette reached out to caress his cheek. He wanted to scoff, she was worried for him?

"I'm as fine as I can be baby, but we need to discuss your safety."

Her smile slowly faded to a smirk, she hates this. Hell, he hated this almost as much. But it was her safety, it was her life and at the end of the day that was all that mattered. "I feel an overwhelming sense of déjà vu. Except now we are together."

"I don't like remembering times when we weren't together." The officer replies with a grin, "I know you don't like this baby but I don't care. Even when we are out and about together I want your gun on you at all times. Hollow points preferably, and I need you to be very aware of your surroundings whenever you go out alone."

"What do you mean-"

"Actually," He cuts his fiancée off and expected to get yelled at later. "Just try not to leave the house at all until we catch him. I don't want you being followed and not realize it." The dancer dropped her head but agreed to do as he instructed, "That also means your job sweetheart. You'll have to put it off for a few days, when you get it back." The dancer clicked the home button on her phone again, hoping she just didn't hear her phone go off, and she had an e-mail telling her she got the job. With no such luck. "We'll catch him soon."

"I sure as hell hope so." The dancer moved towards the refrigerator and opens a beer. "So I won't have to kill him." She mumbles with angst under her breath.

"I heard that."

"I wasn't trying to hide it." She says and moves toward the backyard, "I'm sorry I'm snapping at you baby. You've been nothing but sweet and helpful. I guess I'm just tired and stressed from everything."

Lucas nods lightly and takes her beer away to set it on the patio furniture. "I know a great way to relieve stress."

"Oh yeah?" The officer moved behind her and started to rub her shoulders. "Yup that'll do it."