Start Holding On: Sequel to Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane)

Guys, the sequel is here!! If you haven't read Don't Look At Me Like That yet, go check it out first! I was having a really hard time writing this because I decided I wanted it to have the new members of the Hawks in it, so please excuse my "one year" transition from the old team to the new team. I really hope you guys will enjoy and Thanks for ALL your support! You guys are amazing! Also shoutout to TheSequinedPuck for helping me with the storyline! <3

-------------------------------------------

“Kels, babe, it’s time to get going!” Patrick yelled from the kitchen of our new apartment.

Yup, that’s right. OUR new apartment.

 It’s been about a year since that night Patrick Kane poured his heart out to me.

 Blackhawks came and went. We both lost some of our best friends on the team. Despite the sadness from having friends move halfway across the country, new friends were made in the many fresh faces on the Blackhawks. The last year wasn’t the easiest, we had to work hard to forgive each other and to learn to trust each other again, falling down many times along the way. Emma helped me mend my broken heart and Patrick’s new and old team mates helped heal his. Throughout the months, we created a relationship in which we had found newfound hope in. So, we both decided to take a big step and start fresh by moving in together in a new apartment. Going along with the theme of a fresh start, I recently landed a job as a journalist for the Chicago Tribune.

As for my relations in Pitt, I’m still very close with them all. Tanger continues to act as a big brother to me and I’m happy to report that he has found himself a lovely lady whom he recently found out he is now expecting his first child with. Rumor has it that I’ll be the Godmother, but I guess time will tell. Now, I’m sure you’re wondering about Mr. Staal. Jordan has become one of my best friends and no hard feelings on his part. Patrick has even found enough decency to respect our friendship. Jordan now resides in Carolina with the Hurricanes and has found a new home alongside his brother.

“Patrick I don’t wanna go! I’m nervous as shit and what if I look stupid.” I said stomping a black heel on the floor.

Patrick gave my heel the death glare and shrieked, “What did I say about heels on the wood floor?!”

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. He made his way over to me and placed two hands on either side of my cheeks and gingerly lifted my head up to meet his eyes.

“Babe you’ll be absolutely great. I know you will” He said in a gentle voice and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

My eyes fluttered shut and I fell into a different world, one that only consisted of Patrick Kane.  I grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him back with me onto our comfy leather couch. He let out a grunt as he quickly supported himself on his arms before he had the chance to crush me. I giggled and pulled his head down and pressed my lips against his again.

“Kels, you’re going to be late” He said in a low throaty voice, but continued to kiss down my neck.

I arched my back causing us both to let out a soft moan and I savored the sensation of his warm lips on my bare neck. Soon enough those warms lips were gone and then the body heat coming from his sweatpants and t-shirt body was gone too. I opened my green eyes in annoyance and found the shining blue ones that were also accompanied by a stupid grin.

“Fine I’m going!” I huffed as I stood up and smoothed down my now, much shorter, brown wavy hair. I had cut it to a little below shoulder length; just another element of change in the past year. I readjusted the pin that was holding my hair back in a half up and half down look and also straightened my cream colored blouse that had formed a couple of wrinkles.

Patrick leaned against the wall and gave me a huge encouraging smile “You look great Kels.”

No one had been more supportive of this new job than him. He was behind me 100% and never failed to ease my nerves.  In fact, I had been a complete mess earlier this morning due to the anxiety that comes from the first day at a new job, but of course Patrick Kane, the solver of all solutions, made me a cup of tea and told me I’d kick ass. Sure it was an interesting pep talk but hey, it worked.

“I’ll see you tonight, alright Pat?” I inquired as I grabbed my purse from the counter.

I turned to look at him from the lack of response to my question, only to find him staring longingly at the hem of my black skirt. A cocky grin formed on my face.

“Ugh, that skirt.” He said in a husky voice taking his time to run his eyes over my full body.

“Hmm...Maybe later.”  I walked towards the door and turned giving him a flirtatious wink before I stepped out.