Chapter 2

Whoa. It's been a while. I'm so sorry for not updating. Honestly this story is giving me a lot of trouble. I hope i can keep it up because i feel like i owe it to you guys! Hopefully i've gotten rid of the horrid writers block and can get rolling. Thanks for reading and not giving up on the story! It means a lot <3

____________________________________________________________________________

I opened my eyes to gentle snoring and a warm arm resting over my waist. I carefully turned over to face the beautiful blond hockey player sleeping next to me. His light eyelashes were closed together and his warm breath exhaled against my face. I slightly grinned to myself and blew a puff of air directly onto his sleeping face. His nose twitched and his pink lips curved slightly down into a frown. I giggled softly and repeated my actions. Slowly I got a glimpse of his sleepy blue eyes. They opened barely to slivers only to be eagerly met with my own. A faint smile appeared on his lips but he let out a grunt.

“Wakey wakey sunshine” I cooed scooching closer to his body.

He let out another grunt and shut his eyes tight. I gently started kissing his forehead down to his lips. I lingered a few extra kisses on his lips knowing very well it would do the trick.

“Okay, I’m up. I’m up” He said his wide blue eyes shining

“Mission accomplished!” I squealed pulling our white covers up higher.

“Or were you just looking for round two?” He said seductively, kissing his way down my neck

I blushed instantly but exhaled sharply as his lips touched my neck and let out a sigh of contentment. I gently pushed him off and he rolled off reluctantly.

“You know we can’t!” I said in a hushed tone

“Baby, why are you whispering?” He said chuckling at my frazzled state

I shrugged and slowly sat up keeping the white sheet against my chest.

“What time do we have to be at Steegers?” I said looking at the half exposed chest of the lovely gentleman I called my own.

“He said around one I think. I wasn’t really paying attention” He said sheepishly as he stretched his muscular arms over his head.

I pulled his discarded shirt off the floor along with all the other garments and quickly pulled it over my head. I made my way over to the adjoining bathroom pausing to give Patrick a wink before I closed the door and started my shower.

After I was done I slipped out into the bedroom and walked over to the closet picking out some light blue jeans and a white tank top. I pulled an army green button up on top of the tank and polished off the look with cream dangly earrings. My hair was scrunched into beachy waves that grazed my shoulder. I walked down the hall to find Pat in the kitchen.

“Don’t you look nice” He said with a grin eating a bowl of cereal

I took my own bowl out and poured some cereal for myself as I sat down next to him

“I wish I could say the same” I said eyeing his ruffled bed head and wrinkled boxers

“Hey, that hurt” He said pulling me closer for a kiss

I was reading my article I had written for the Tribune and I felt Patrick’s breath over my neck

“It’s really good Kels, you have an incredible gift”

“Thanks baby!” I said cheerfully

“I worked on that sucker for so long so I hope they like it”

“I’m sure they will” He pecked my lips with reassurance

“Pat go get ready!” I swatted his shoulder gently

“Fine I’m going!” He flailed his hands in the air and rushed to the bedroom. I giggled as I heard the water start running. Soon enough I heard the horrific off key singing and I rolled my eyes.

Steeger was having a barbeque at his house to celebrate his coming home back to the Hawks. When Patrick and I found out he was traded back we were ecstatic. It was almost like old times. Now, things were slowly falling back into place. The Hawks started the season off strong and the new players really stepped it up. There were new hockey babies joining the Hawks Family and it was absolute bliss. Patrick and I had a steady relationship going, we’ve never been so much on the same page. It’s been closing in on 3 years and the guys haven’t let up about a ring. Poor Patrick gets so much harassment about popping the question. We both feel anxious whenever the topic gets brought up but in all honesty we’re still young and we haven’t put much thought into settling down yet.

“Are you ready, Mi Love?” A freshly showered and groomed Patrick Kane emerged

“Mi love? What are we? In medieval times?” I snorted with laughter

I got up and approved of his outfit. Jeans with a white tee shirt under a light blue plaid button up. I hugged his torso and burrowed my face into his chest. His arms instantly hugged back and enclosed me into a safe cocoon.

“What was that for?” He asked quietly

“Just because I love you” I whispered back.

A gentle kiss was placed on the top of my head and I closed my eyes with a smile. These are the arms I want to be in forever.