{ELEVEN}

I accidentally wrote elven when typing the title lol I love lotr
-
I woke up to the sound of yelling, which wasn't very pleasant, especially considering the fact that people yelling at me will make me cry. I pulled the blanket off me, throwing my legs over the bed and walking out to the living room.

Joji and Max were standing there, yelling at each other. Or at least they were before I walked in. Joji saw me, and immediately ran to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"What's going on?" I asked, looking at Max.

"Y-you.. you kissed Max last night." Joji told me. I looked at him.

"Why are you yelling at him though?" I asked. Joji didn't say anything, but he gave me a stare. I knew what he meant by this.

I shoved him off of me. "You're yelling at him because I kissed him?!" I raised my voice. "We were drunk, Joji. For fuck's sake." I scoffed, speed-walking back into the bedroom. I sat on the bed, running a hand through my hair.

The house was silent. But the silence was broken quickly by the sound of the front door slamming shut. Max walked into the bedroom, and I didn't really notice I was crying until then.

"He's gone, isn't he? He just left?" I asked. He nodded slowly, sitting next to me. He wrapped an arm around me, and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Cat." He said, sighing.

I shrugged. "I guess I must have a love curse or something," I suggested, wiping a tear. "seeing as everyone I fall in love with I manage to drive away."

Max moved his arm from around me, and pulled his sleeve down, using it to wipe my tears. "Cat, stop, you're too pretty to cry. And I'm sure that if anyone had the chance to date you, they'd take it. Joji just copes with relationships differently. He's scared of commitment." Max told me.

I sighed, wrapping my arms around Max's waist. "I just hope he's not mad at me."

"He's not, trust me, if I know anything its that he likes you, a lot. And you don't leave someone you like that much that easily."

"I guess, but," I looked at my fingers, "do you remember anything from last night?" My thoughts were blurred from my raging headache and I couldn't think straight.

"I remember George and Ian coming home and George storming off into his room but my heads just as fucked as yours."

I sighed, mentally wishing Joji was here so that I could hug him. Max has always been a really good hugger but.. I don't know, Joji's hugs were always nicer in a way.

"Are you okay?" Max asked me.

I nodded. "I just wish he was here." I admitted, sighing.

"How about we go to the park to take your mind off of things?" Max suggested. I nodded, getting up.

"Yeah, I'd like that." I said.

Around ten minutes later, we were at the park, sitting on a bench and prank calling businesses. Max hadn't prank called people in almost a year, and I had never prank called someone before.

After a few hours of messing around at the park, we decided to get McDonald's and head home. I didn't think about Joji until the drive home.

"Max?" I asked, looking at him. He was driving, so I kind of felt bad for distracting him, but I needed support.

"Yes?" He answered, glancing at me for a second.

"D-do you think Joji hates me?" I asked him.

"What would make you think that?" He asked me. I shrugged.

"I-I yelled at him..."  I whispered. biting at my nails. It was silent for the rest of the drive home.

I couldn't sleep that night. I couldn't sleep knowing Joji probably hated me.I messaged him a few times, but he didn't respond. I locked my phone and tried to sleep, even though I knew I couldn't. I messaged Joji again.

me: joji
me: joji please answer
me: do you hate me?
me: you hate me, don't you?
me: i'm so sorry... fuck.

I felt tears prick at my eyes. I put my phone on the charger and sat on the bed. I wanted to go to the living room and ask Max for comfort but I knew he was sleeping, and I felt selfish anyway. Joji was probably just sleeping.

Still I needed to know. I got out of bed and quietly slipped on my jacket and a pair of flip flops. I grabbed Max's keys off of the table and ran outside to the car, starting it up. I drove to Joji's apartment building, quietly running up the steps to his apartment.  I knocked a few times, no answer. I swallowed, looking under the rug for the spare key.

I unlocked his door, opening it slowly and walking in. I walked around the small apartment and into his bedroom. He wasn't anywhere to be seen. He must've been at Ian's.

So I drove there. Once I was there, I knocked on the door a few times. A sleepy Ian answered. "Cat? What are you doing here?" He asked, yawning.

"Uhh.. Is Joji here?" I asked.

He shook his head. "He left at like, eight pm. He should be in his apartment."

I looked down, then back up at Ian. "I checked. He isn't." I admitted.

He shrugged. "I'd love to help you look for him, but it's almost two am and I'll get grumpy without sleep. I'm sorry, Cat. I hope you find him." Ian told me, and I nodded. He patted my head and closed the door when he went in.

I walked back out to the car, sitting in it for a few minutes. I rested my head on the steering wheel, tearing up. I was dementing myself. Trying to make me think he hated me. I was so selfish. I drove back home, tears blurring my eyes as they threatened to spill.

When I pulled up in the driveway, I could see the living room light on. Fuck. Max was awake. I took the keys out of the ignition and ran inside. Max was sitting up on the couch. When he saw me, he jolted up and ran to me, pulling me into a hug.

"Fucking hell, Cat, next time you leave at two am, tell me." He said, and I hugged back. "I've been wondering where you went for ages."

"Sorry.." I said pulling away from the hug. Joji was sat on the couch, next to where Max was sitting. "Joji?" I asked, standing in shock.

"Cat?"

-

Cliffhanger and another long chapter lmao love me