The Last Legacy

I ran to her side and fell to my knees next to her. She opened her eyes and smiled serenely at me. I looked at her wound and my  heart dropped into my stomach. She had been shot. But not with a gun. With a Mogadorian blaster. It had torn a huge hole in her abdomen and blood pooled the floor around her. She wasnt dead yet, but the end was inevitable. She started to whisper something to me. I leaned closer. 

"Find the others, use the legacies, make Lorien proud. Kill them all. Win the war. Find your destiny. And remember....be confident in your abilities." She closed her eyes, her breathing slowing. I shook her desperately. She opened her eyes and spoke her final words. 

"I love you" 

She closed her eyes and her breathing stopped completely. 

My cepan was dead. 

I let out a howl of rage and grief. raising my hands to the sky and letting storms rage unchecked. Lightning bolts powered into the ground, causing people to scream and run for shelter. I dont know when exactly it happened but gradually my grief  hardened to steel and became anger. The cold deadly anger, eating away at my insides. The tingling left from summoning such a huge storm spread through my entire body and the air became cold around me. It was only when I realized that my body was still completely dry and warm that I was dimly aware that I was the one causing it. Another Legacy! Funnily, something told me that it would be the last. Acting on instinct, I raised my hand up fast. An icicle shot through the floor boards, narrowly missing Elizabeths body. This new legacy was a blessing. But it had come with a price. 

I grabbed a candle from the cupboard and then lit it. I then carefully took Elizabeth's body and placed it gently onto the funeral pryer that I had made. I whispered a Loric blessing that she had taught me a while ago. I started to control the flames from the candle, spreading them onto the one person in this world that I had ever loved. As she burnt, I finally let the tears fall.

After the funeral, I gathered the ashes and placed them in a jar. I looked under the sink. Yes the chest was still there, I could unlock it by myself now. It was a bittersweet power. I placed the jar in the chest, re locked it and walked out, heading to the John Hancock centre. I realized that I never got to tell her about the other garde. 

I arrived in the lobby. The man at the desk motioned at me to go straight up. He had already been told I was coming. I marched into the lift, feeling hollow and empty, like a part of me had died with Elizabeth. As the floors sped by, I knew it was my fault. I should never have left her. 

As the doors slide open, I am once again met by the garde. this time they are smiling. I am not. Gradually they take in my tearstained face and the chest in my arms. Ella is the first to realise. She runs forward, "oh Thalia, I'm so sorry."  She ignores the icy aura still coming of me and wrapped me in a hug, her smally warm body pressed against mine. Eventually she breaks away, wiping aaway tears of her own. Everyone looks sad now. Nine steps forward, his eyes locked on mine. "We'll be your family now Thalia." then he smiles gently and leads me to another lift. Everyone follows. We emerge onto the roof, the wind snapping at us, thretening to spill us over the edge. Six steps forward. Together, we manage to force the wind out, creating a bubble of air around all of us. I brought the jar of ashes up with me. I open it, careful not to let anything escape. I step up to the edge of the roof and let the ashes fly out. I then use my telekineis to condense them into a ball and then releasing them, I control the wind and scatter them as far as they can go, up into the stars. I'm still holding onto the hope that she will be in a better place, back on lorien how it was before the invasion. Its a comforting thought. 

The garde gather around me, taking it in turns to wrap me in a hug. Then Nine takes my hand again and smiling sadly at me, leads me back downstairs into another life.