Short story

Hi there, my name is Joshua. Joshua Blue. As you can tell I have a weird surname. And yes before you ask my favourite colour is blue. I was doing my usual paper round this morning, and I passed this odd looking sweet shop, which I have never seen before. I stopped the bike and peered in the dusty window. It looked old and dusty inside An old woman came up to the door, and opened it.  She ushered me inside. The jars of sweets had cobwebs al round them. The shop owner Mrs Fern told me how she is too old to run the shop, and that it has been like this for 2 years now.  I tell her that I would love to take over the shop, but I am too young.  I glance around the room. My eyes fix on the clock. It's 8:45.  My brain stops.  I feel like I am meant be somewhere.  My brain clicks. I am meant to be at school. School has started already. I quickly thank the lady. I tell her that I will come back later, after school.

When I arrive at school, the quad is empty. I see that everyone I in lessons. I sprint up the stairs into my classroom. I grasp all y stuff, and run as quickly as I can to my lesson. When I reach the English room, I realise that the very strict headmaster is over-seeing my lesson today. He glances at the window and I hide. I wait for him to exit the classroom, then I walk quickly to the classroom hallway. I don't notice the headmaster standing in front of m. I run straight into him. He says,"Why aren't you in class?"
" I was late back from my job." I lie.
He isn't happy with me. I know what is coming. He takes me to his dimly lit classroom, and hits me hard with a large stick, witch he calls a whip.

Once school is over, I cycle as fast as I can with a num bottom, to the run-down sweetshops. I walk up to the door. It is open I see Mrs Fern on the floor. I run over to her, wanting to know what happened. I kneel by her side, and whisper,"Mrs Fern, Mrs Fern, are you ok."
She answers,"no call 911.
The ambulance arrives 30 minutes later. She gets rushed off to hospital.

I get a call from the hospital 2 hrs later saying, that Mrs Fern is fine. She just brushed her spine, and will have to be in a wheelchair for a couple of months, until the spine heals. I decide to re-decorate her shop, while he is in hospital. It will be a get well soon gift. I decide to start straight away, as I only have 2 weeks.

I am on my usual paper out and I pass this lovely sweetshop.  I open he shines baby pink door.  It is spacious and pretty inside. It looks old fashioned. There are rows of jars of sweets along the room, and there is a small table in the middle. Which has all the pick and mix bags and lots of old fashioned packeted sweets.

I help Mrs Fern get out of her taxi. She looks at the sweetshop, and she wonders whether this is her sweetshop or not. We walk inside and she says,"wow this shop looks amazing. Did you do this?"
I answer," yes, as a get well soon present, and as I finish school soon I can help/work your shop with you."
She replies," Thanks you so much. It is not my shop, it's our shop."