zero

TRAILER ABOVE! I hope it's nice because it's my first time editing a video for a book and I kind of suck at judging my own work so I have no idea if it's decent wnehfjsnwksjcnc

. . .

HER dreams were always the same – a single constant in an ever-changing world, a tree planted firmly on the ground, unmoving even when the earth willed it to. She wasn't the type to focus on the details of particular things, but her dreams had been repeated so much it was practically carved onto her brain, sewed into her memories, engraved in her heart.

First, it started with their voices, echoing through the corners of her mind and haunting her every thought. Every chuckle, every shout, every cry, she remembered them all. She could pick out the words punk and jerk and idiots, even through thousands of cries of tremor and fear and utter chaos.

Then, it was their eyes – two blues of different hues that she would never forget. Simply remembering the way they stared at her, almost as if piercing through her and gazing at her beautiful soul with nothing but adoration because she was their best friend, sent shivers down her back and through her spine and to the tips of her fingers. It was intoxicating, making her want to remember every look they gave her – even ones of anger – but at the same time, poisoning as it only hurt her to think of them.

Afterwards, she'd dream of their touches. The way her soldier grasped her hand like his life depended on it on that rollercoaster ride on Coney Island, and the way her captain gave her the tightest hugs when he found out that he was, once again, rejected from the army. Each touch burnt her skin, and it left unseen marks that she would always love, because it served as a reminder – the best and worst kind – that they had been such a huge part of her life. They still were.

Lastly, there was nothing. Her dreams void of any sound, leaving the loudest silence she's heard. She could no longer hear her soldier's deep and throaty voice, or her captain's charming bouts of spontaneous laughter, and it broke her. It was dark, any light that she could possibly imagine disappeared after a millisecond of her seeing it – and it was not only frightening but it perfectly tortured her and drove her insane how she couldn't see.

It was heartbreaking, how she no longer felt their touches, only sensing the smoothness of water, as if she was drowning in the deepest ocean, which she always imagined to be the amount of tears she had cried because of losing them. Her dreams were of complete nothingness, because that was how she felt when she lost them – the both of them.

She didn't particularly know which was worse – remembering every memory she had of them that it only hurt to be reminded that they left her, or not remembering at all.

//

DUST TO DUST

1920s
Singin' In The Rain by Cliff Edwards
( i'm laughing at clouds, so dark up above )

1930s
Two Sleepy People by Hoagly Carmichael
( too much in love to say goodnight )

1940s
La Vie En Rose by Édith Piaf
( everyday words seem
to turn into love songs )

1950s
In the Still of the Night by The Five Satins
( promise i'll never let you go )

1960s
The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra
( that laugh wrinkles your nose,
touches my foolish heart )

1970s
Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
( spare him his life from this monstrosity )

1980s
Don't You by Simple Minds
( slow change may pull us apart )

1990s
Wonderwall by Oasis
( i don't believe that anybody feels
the way i do about you now )

2000s
Drops of Jupiter by Train
( she acts like summer and walks like rain
reminds me that there's time to change )

2010s
Oblivion by Bastille
( are you going to age with grace? )