He Did WHAT?!

I awoke to find myself in the arms of my mate. He was fast asleep, his messy brown hair falling in his face.

   I tried to get up, but groaned and fell on top of him. My head was spinning and I could see black spots.

   My mate stirred and opened his brown eyes. He looked very tired, but instantly got up when he saw the state I was in.

   I rolled onto my back and groaned again. The pain was terrible. The inside of my thighs was burning and my ankle was burning badly. I figured I had broken it from tripping.

   My mate assessed my body and I felt aware of the little clothing I was wearing. He growled as his brown eyes made contact with ever bruise, every cut made by the silver. His eyes then landed on my broken ankle.

   "What the hell happened to you?" he asked. I just groaned. I couldn't talk. The pain was almost unbearable.

   My mate ran out of the room. Later he arrived with a young woman in her thirties. She assessed my ankle and shook her head.

   "Broken ankle, possibly shattered. Her body is bruised bad, and the cuts were made by a silver knife. She will definately need a lot of mending. I'll have to take a closer look to make sure I know all of her injuries. It may take time. Would you like to wait here, or outside" she asked.

   "Here" my mate growled. The woman nodded and looked at me, smiling.

   "Hello. I'm Sandy, the pack nurse. What is your name, sweety?" she asked.

   "R...Ril...Ril...ley" I managed to say.

   "Well, nice to meet you, Riley. I'm going to have to remove all your clothing to take a look at the severity of your injuries. Are you alright with that?"

   "Yes"

   "Good"

   "One thing"

   "What is it, Riley?"

   "It w..was him. H...he did this...to me. Father...Rick Janson. Reece Janson, my b...brother, t...too" I said.

   "Your father and brother did this to you?"

   "Yes"

   "Do you have any other family?"

   "No"

   "Not even your mother?"

   "She was murdered. Father killed her...and Rae, my s...sister" I answered. Sandy nodded sadly and began to take off my clothes. I was about to tell her about what Reece did to me, but from the look on my mate's face, I didn't want him to know.

   Sandy assessed my body. I had a shattered ankle, broken wrist, but mostly bad bruises and cuts. She was about to put the shirt back on, but then she looked at the area between my thighs and gasped.

   My mate instantly was on his feet and at her side in a heartbeat. He looked from Sandy to me and back again.

   "What's wrong?" he demanded. Sandy ignored him and looked at me with wide eyes.

   "Was it your father or brother who..." she cut herself off. I nodded.

   "Brother" I whispered, feeling tears.

   "Did he use...?"

   "Yes, thankfully"

   "Well, that's good news, then. I won't have to take an ultrasound, that way"

   "WHAT!?" my mate roared. Sandy flinched away with fear and I tried to, but couldn't move. My mate practically had smoke running out of his ears.