Chapter 1

Euphoria, a feeling of pure excitement and happiness, as if you were flying above clouds.

Just like I am right now.

"WOO! Come on Hooker, let's go!"

I screamed above the very top of my lungs as the harsh winds slapped my face, my hair barely staying in a bun as I heard a snort from the monster that was giving me the ride of my life. The sound that resonated from the dragon was husky and deep, their smooth purple scales scintillating in the sun's vibrant rays as we flew above the white cotton clouds. Brave and daring, I gave the dragon a pat on the side as its flaky white whiskers flew in my face.

"Well, let's go in for a landing buddy!"

I only caught a huff from the dragon before my screams of excitement engulfed my hearing; we swooped down in a speedy spur, the clouds making way for us as we plummeted straight for the ground. Recognising the wooden building near the outskirts of town, I grinned and rubbed the dragon behind his magenta ears, each scale sticking out beneath the other as I caressed them. A deep rumble escaped the dragon as it veered down and flapped its gigantic wings, taking up the space of the brick road before finally fluttering to the ground. I jumped off the back of the majestic beast, my dirty boots hitting the brick road.

"Thanks Hooker! I know I can always count on you for a ride, you should just join me as my permanent ride instead of forcing me to rent you every time."

I breathed out with a valiant smile while the dragon snorted. Sighing at the dragon's stubborn antics, I reluctantly brought out my money and chucked it to Hooker who easily drew out his clawed paw and clasped the notes. I adjusted my bag with a pout morphed my face. I crossed my arms behind my head and I lowly murmured to myself, completely forgetting about a dragon's acute hearing.

"Although it would be so much easier if you kissed my ass instead of Damien's."

A piercing pain shot through my back, causing me to let out a moan. I drew my eyes back, I scowled at the dragon's snarky expression before he used his large wings to fly up. It used an unnecessary amount of strength in order to rise, making tremendous winds almost bulldoze me over. I kept forgetting how childish Hooker was. Just as he was getting ready to leave, I squinted and saw him above me. A repulsive scent smashed into my nose and I scrunched up my face as I immediately ran, barely missing the bomb the vengeful dragon left for me. Looking back, I cringed, covering my nose as the dragon almost let out a laugh as it flew away.

"Damn, Jac's going to be so pissed. Gross . . ."

My words were muffled by my hand as I slowly backed away and ran into the shop.

Of course I have a duty to be a responsible citizen and tend to any mishaps that I cause, but any sane citizen would run away when a dragon leaves their crap in the middle of the road.

The shop's bell rang as I entered, practically stumbling in like a madman. Thankfully, the back of Jac's curly brown locks, with grey hairs that looked like a teenager's badly dyed streaks, were facing me instead. I was thankful to not see that pointed nose of his. Regaining my composure, I peered over the little man's shoulder to see him cooking. Looking around, I saw that there were no customers to think badly of me and my obnoxious attitude so I crossed my arms and leaned against the kitchen counter. Before I could speak, the scrawny man beat me to it.

"Don't think I didn't see that large pile of dung fall from the sky. The windows are glass Erix, and you bet you're going to clean it up. Anyways, before I find more ways to torture you, how was your trip?"