Prologue

The smell of smoke filled my nose as I suddenly awoke from my slumber. I saw fire in the hallway of our home and I gasped in fear. My husband lay next to me still asleep. I shook him awake and immediately he shot out of bed and grabbed our On the Run bags as I grabbed our sweet baby girl from her crib and ran back to my husband. I yelled over the sound of popping and fire "TELEPORT US OUT OF HERE NOW!" He quickly nodded and started the incantation. 

      Suddenly we were no longer I our burning home and we were now in the streets of a quaint town in the middle of the night. We knew that the only way to protect our baby girl was to give her to someone that could take care of her and shield her from this dangerous life. So I found the perfect family when Whisper was born just in case anything like this ever happened: A couple that wants to have a child but cannot, good people with good souls.

      I found their home as my husband hid and made sure we were not being followed and masked our trail of power from teleporting. Once I found the house I stared at it for a few minutes until I decided it was time.

I wrote a quick letter to them saying:

"Dear Holloway Family,

This beautiful little baby girl is in need of your care. We live a dangerous life and cannot take care of her as a family should. Please do not tell her of her true identity. I beg of you. I only wish for her to be happy and safe. She is 6 months old and her name is Whisperia Ivy Malcrine, but we have made a birth certificate and social security card with your last name on it so that she is hidden from all people who wish to find her. Her birthday is on November 25th. She was born this year: 1997. I wish you the best of luck. Please take care of my baby girl, and love her with all of the love that a mother should. I know that you and your husband have wanted a child and cannot have one, so here is your chance. Love her as your own, and never tell her of who she truly is unless someone finds her and she is in danger.

All of our love and best wishes,

Christine & Vince Malcrine"

      I cried as I laid my baby on the porch of their nice home along with the letter I wrote for them and all of the important documents with it. I then put my necklace around her neck that I had enchanted to protect her and hide her powers. I straightened myself and knocked on the door until I was sure that Gerard had woken up and was on the way to my waiting baby. I kissed her forehead one last time, and whispered "I love you my sweet, sweet darling. As does your father. Goodbye my love." 

      As I heard Gerard's feet scuffling across the floor I teleported to a nearby tree to hide to watch as Gerard opened the door. He looked irritated when he opened the door, but as he looked down astonishment blossomed in his light brown eyes and he gently squatted down to pick up Whisper. He cooed at her and picked up the letter that laid next to her and went inside. I then felt my husband next to me in the tree and there we held each other for a short moment reminiscing in the short 6 months that we got with our daughter, but the memories were soon blocked out as we teleported away from our beloved daughter in order to keep her safe. We masked our power trail, and agreed to never visit here in order to keep our precious baby girl safe and away from this wretched life.

      We could only hope the best for our baby girl as she grew up as we would not be there to raise her. We will love her more than she will ever know.