Chapter Six (Ellie)

"Xander!" I screamed, flying down to the ground with my knife drawn. Normally, I would take out these pirates no problem, but today they seemed....bigger. Scarier. Was it because I lost my pride? Or because I lost my courage?

"Ellie help me!" Xander was on his knees, his wrists and ankles being bound together. "Ple--" One of the pirates gagged him, and the cloth soaked up his tears.

"Let him go!" I cried, stepping forward. This felt wrong. I felt weak and pathetic and like a big fat pretender.

"Or what, girly?" One of the men stepped forward, and I immediately stumbled back. Ellie Barker, the Wild Cat, would never fall back. She would stand her ground and fight. "You going to call to your precious Peter?"

"Or I'll rip out your throat, you ill mannered tub of guts!" I pointed my knife at him, and the pirates all laughed.

"We're not afraid of you anymore, Barker." The man plucked the knife out of my hand like it was nothing, and he shoved it into his waistband. "Take the boy to the ship!" Xander's screams were muffled as he was hoisted to his feet and led along, and I stood like a glacier floating off the map.

"XANDER!" I screamed, tears leaking like a waterfall. No no no no no. I lost him. I lost him. It was all my fault. I let him run off on his own when I shouldn't have. I shouldn't have yelled at him. It was all my fault. They were going to hurt him. Because of me. I was a monster. " I'm sorry, Xander... I'm so sorry! Please come back! You're my friend! I didn't mean what I said! Just come back..." I fell to my knees, sobbing into the grass. I had ruined it all. The boys probably all hated me. Xander hated me. Everyone did. I wouldn't be surprised if Peter did too.

Peter.

I needed to find him. I needed to tell him. We had to save him before it was too late. I shot off the ground, zipping through the trees. I had to find him. I had to get him and save Xander. He needed me. Once I saw the hideout, I burst into it, and there he was, sitting on his throne while the boys lounged around the hideout. All eyes fell on me once I appeared. "Peter! Peter we have to go! The pirates took him! They took Xander!" They all stood up at my statement, staring at their leader. I was breathing heavily, my heart pounding loudly inside my chest.

"What do you mean they took him?!" Peter came rushing forward, taking my hands. "What happened?!"

"I s-saw him! He was screaming--there were pirates all around him--I tried to--" I burst into tears, and I sunk to my knees. "I was useless! T-They ran off with him and I just stood there!" I could feel Peter get down on the ground beside me, the guilt sinking in. "I felt so helpless!"

"Ellie...." He murmured, pushing my hair back. "It's not your fault."

"Yes it is!" I sat up. "If I wouldn't have yelled at him he'd still be here!" I stood, my hands balled into fists. "I caused this! I caused all of this! I'm a stupid and selfish girl and I just SENT THE HEIR TO HIS DEATH!"

"ELLIE!" Peter stood up and grabbed me by the shoulders. "That's ridiculous! You didn't send him to his death! You didn't cause anything! Xander was bound to get captured again sometime, now that the secret's out."

"But I yelled at him! I screamed at him saying that he wasn't good enough! I caused all of this, Peter, and you know it!" I shook my head and tried to pull away from him, but he only pulled me in closer.

"Calm down...." He smoothed down my hair. "Just calm down." I could feel my heartbeat slow, and he leaned in.... I stared into his eyes, those beautiful green emeralds which always had me sighing. The way they always captivated me and made me feel like everything would be okay. The way he spoke, his voice soft and his words blending together in a perfect string. His hands on my shoulder, warm and comforting. Being near him made me feel safe. He made me...happy. Peter Pan, the boy with the soft brown hair and the twinkle in his dark green eyes. He was everything to me, and as his lips began to grow closer to mine, I could feel my heartbeat speeding up, and my mind whirling.

Our lips finally collided, and the gasps of the boys faded away as I quickly grabbed hold of his shirt, pulling him closer to me. I wanted him. I needed him. I needed him to be here, holding me close and keeping me warm. I knew my feelings now. I was always unsure of it before, but now I knew. I understood how I felt after all these years of hidden blushes and low giggles. I was in love with Peter Pan, and I couldn't fight it. He was everything I ever wanted, everything I ever needed. He saved me from starving to death on the streets. He took me to a place where I could be happy. He saved me from pirates countless times. He danced with me in the fairy kingdom. In the Indian camp. He always managed to calm me down and cheer me up. He was mine and I was his.

"My Ellie." he smiled, brushing my hair out of my face.

"My Peter." He took me by the waist and we kissed again, slower and sweeter. He was...he was what I wanted. He was what I needed. If I couldn't be the heir, I would have my Peter.

He pulled away, and chuckled a little. "Now let's go save our Little Blue."

OHHHH PANGIRLING SO HARD BECAUSE I LOVE #PELLIE SO MUCH. I TOLD SHE'S A GOOD PERSON SHE LOVES XANDER SHE JUST HAS A LOT OF FEELINGS LIKE ME. IF SHE WERE IN OUR WORLD SHE WOULD BE A FANGIRL. XD WILL THEY SUCCEED IN SAVING XANDER? HOW WILL HE FEEL ABOUT THE NEW COUPLE WHEN HE FINDS OUT? HAVE FUN.

~ Sammie <3

HEYYYYYYYY GETTING IT ON WITH THE #PELLIE. Don't even try coming up with ship names, we've done it all for you. It's the perks of coming up with a story literally years in the making. SO YES PETER AND ELLIE MAY OR MAY NOT BE A THING. What's happening to Xander?! Will they save him?! Hold onto your hats, folks, because now things go wrong. 

~ Sami (paper-sami)