eight

it had been a couple months since jungkook and ji eun had started dating. they had gone on dates regularly-- or as often as jungkook's schedule would allow him. he had even introduced her to the rest of his members, and they seemed fond of her. especially taehyung, who enjoyed to jump on her and hug her any chance he got.

however, ji eun could already feel the effects of him being an idol on their relationship. 

there were many times when jungkook had to decline date opportunities because of his schedule. she had tried to not be too affected by it, but she couldn't deny the fact that she was still sad about it. 

"hey," jungkook said from his car as he went to pick up ji eun from work. 

"hi." she said, getting into the passengers seat, leaning over to give him a quick kiss. "this is a pleasant surprise. where are we going? i didn't expect you to come pick me up today. i had the late shift."

"it's a surprise." he whispered, double checking that he rolled up all the windows. "ready?"

she nodded. "ready."

  ⊲⊳ 

"stay quiet," jungkook whispered, leading her out of the car. 

"why?" ji eun whispered, almost too loudly. 

"you're not supposed to be here." he said.

her eyes widened and she clutched his hand tighter. 

jungkook walked towards the front doors. ji eun looked up and took a look at the building.

Big Hit Entertainment

her eyes widened as she stopped walking and pulled jungkook's hand back. "why are you bringing me here? are you crazy?" 

he walked closer to her. "i wanted to take you to the place i spend most of my time. and it's late at night. no one's here, don't worry." 

"but what if--"

"stop with the what if's, ji eun." he said, sighing. "can you stop worrying about whether or not we're going to get caught? can't you just enjoy the moment?"

her eyes widened. she had never heard him use that tone with her. "okay." she whispered.

jungkook started walking, pulling her hand forward. "let's go."

jungkook took out a card and swiped it on a machine next to the door, causing it to open. 

ji eun walked behind jungkook, but still held his hand. she looked down at the floor, scared that she would make eye contact with him, but she still let her eyes wander around the large lobby.

jungkook led her up the stairs onto the next floor, and into a large room with mirrors on the walls.

"this is our practice room," jungkook said, turning on the lights. he let go of her hand and laid on the middle of the floor. "i'm in here more than i'm in my dorm room."

"oh," she said, looking around. there were papers by the members that were taped on the wall that had no mirrors on it. ji eun took a moment to look at them. there were random drawings by jungkook, lyrics to songs by who she assumed to be suga or rap monster, and polaroid pictures from jin. there was also information about their schedules on a table in the back.

"you're going to japan tomorrow?" she asked, looking at their list of performances.

"oh, yeah. i was going to tell you today." he said. 

"isn't it a little last minute to tell me today if your flight is in tomorrow morning?" she turned around to look at him. "your flight is tomorrow morning but you took me here? it's past midnight, jungkook!" ji eun walked over to where he was laying with his eyes closed. "have you even packed? you should be resting."

jungkook opened one eye and closed it again. "you're nagging me a lot today, y'know that?" he said.

she closed her eyes as she sighed. she laid down next to him. "sorry. i'm just a worry wort."

jungkook smiled and got up. "wanna dance?" he asked.

she shook her head and laughed. "it's okay. i'll just watch."

"no, that's not an answer i'm going to accept."  he grabbed her hand and pulled her off of the floor and walked to the speakers. he connected his phone to the cable and started playing a song. 

"yeah, beautiful girl," the music spoke. jungkook started singing along with the music as he danced around her. she laughed as she covered her mouth from embarrassment. 

"you're beautiful, cham gwaenchanhji anhni uri dul," she laughed as his little shuffle dance. "maennal ireohge ddo sangsangeul hae" he grabbed her hand and pulled her into a waltz, causing her to bury her head in his shoulder. "you'll be with me, with me"  

the music continued to play, but they just stood there in the middle of the dance room, swaying back and forth in each other's arms. 

"sorry i was so mean today." he said, stroking her hair. "i just wanted to enjoy whatever little time i have with you." 

"sorry i'm such a worry wart." she mumbled into his chest. "i just love you too much that i get worried that something's gonna get in the way of our relationship." she hugged him tighter. 

jungkook tilted her head up by putting his finger under her chin. "i love you, too."