Chapter 1

'I'm sorry' those were the first words she spoke in three years, 'I'm sorry' she gasped once again. Her head still bowed down as her knees fell to the ground in trembling fear. Her eyes fixed on the floor as she stared down with a piercing gaze followed by an aching silence. I was flooded with a pool of questions. What was she talking about? Did she finally remember what she saw that night? Is she too afraid to speak? I needed to know the truth. I was growing impatient by the second.
My troubling thoughts were interrupted when she spoke again, 'I'm sorry' she said, but this time it was different. This time her tongue bared the taste of fear as her voice faded into another agonising silence. She was indeed too afraid to speak. But I too have waited far too long for my patience has reached its limits.

For a lack of better judgement, I got up, pushed the chair aside and kneeled down to beg her for answers. I held her shoulders firmly which was a poor decision on my part, considering her fragile condition; I could have done more damage to her already beaten down mental state. But I was so desperate.

As I feared, she burst out into tears and began to scream. I might have pushed her way too far. I felt so sorry for her. She had suffered enough and I was too selfish to care at that moment. Her doctors rushed in with sedatives. She calmed down as she slowly began to loose her consciousness . Afterwards she was taken to her room and I was shown the way out of the facility.

I felt so helpless and broken at that moment. It's been three years, three long years since Mirajane has been institutionalised in the St. Marque's rehab facility outside an old, rather an odd, small town of Melonport, London. Since then I have spent each and every day with her because she was the only one who could take me one step closer to my revenge. I have been hopefully waiting for Mirajane to recover so that I could question her about that night. It was a long wait and when she finally spoke all she said was, 'I'm sorry.' I was so close yet so very far.

After that failed attempt I went into town and stopped in a rather familiar place. It was the old park in the middle of the town. No one comes here anymore. It was almost as if it had been abandoned by the people of the town. People turn there backs and walk away from this place, as though it had an ominous aura looming over the sky above, like it was cursed. I would not blame them though, not after what happened.
However I find this place much more comforting  than any other cafè, grills or libraries this town has to offer. I always stop by this park everyday after visiting Mirajane and sit on the oldest wooden bench near a peaceful corner surrounded by few tall trees. It's peaceful because as the wind blows through the leaves, it takes me away with it, allowing me to travel back in time, a time when things were much simpler, when I was much happier. The soothing breeze followed by the stillness surrounding the park helps me drift into the memories of my past. A past when Leyla was still alive.