Part Two

NE

Sudden knocking from her door made Milaya look up from her book. A frown etched across her face as she looked at the time.

21:42

The red numbers beeped back at her from the digital clock set up near her bedside table. Grabbing her robe, she tied it about her body to seem modest. Tentative steps sounded about her room as she reached her bedroom door. Her mouth set into a grim line as she opened the door and walked to the stairs.

She descended down the stairs, an unsettling feeling diving deep into the pit of her stomach. Throughout her descent to the first floor, slowly, the knocking deceased. A soft breath flew from her mouth as she walked slowly to the clattering door.

As if sensing her nearing, the banging stopped. For a moment Milaya thought that it was a bunch of immature children come to ruin her sleep.

She turned back towards the steps taking a move away from the door. As soon as she moved away, the insistent banging commenced once more.

She didn't expect anything, or anyone to be at her doorstep in the middle of the night, and honestly she was becoming quite pissed.

When the pounding of her door didn't go away, Milaya marched up and threw the door open. A fierce expression of anger and aggravation settling in her ice blue eyes.

Before her stood a rather skinny man his hand raised about to knock even more. Clothed in black, the only thing on him that she was able to see was his brown hair, that blew about in the subtle wind that ran across the land, and his glowing red eyes that seemed to stare straight through her. His pale fist slowly coming down from the door.

"I don't know who you are, but you have three seconds before I personally show you to the side of the road and maybe into the middle when a car comes." Venom, and her deathly promise laced her voice.

It seemed as though the man didn't hear her, and that only pissed Milaya off even more.

She took a step forward, only to take one back as the man stepped forward. Her feet stumbled as he continued to step forward. Something flashed in his hand, gleaming in the light of the moon.

A needle.

It was one of her few fears she had. Dark memories of the past flashed before her.

She didn't even lose a second before she reacted.

Slamming the door, she backed away from the door, stumbling towards her stairs, her eyes wide. Her front door thundered with the pounding and hitting the man was doing to get inside. She fall backwards onto her hands and butt, watching the door with wide eyes.

She crawled backwards, continuously staring at the door as it groaned and shook.

She jumped when the door was ripped from its hinges and pushed inside, falling inches from her toes. She couldn't move, she couldn't speak. It was as if she was paralysed, but it wasn't with fear.

The willowy man that stood at her door, stepped into the entranceway of her house, his shoes echoing in the quiet room. His face never gave away any reaction, nor no emotion as he walked calmly to where she stood.

Milaya's heart hammered away in her chest as she heard his footsteps came forward. Fear crawled up her spine, washing through her body. Her vision grew dark, as if in slow motion, her body fell to the ground.

Before she could collide with the hardwood of her house, the strange man had caught her. That was the last thing she saw, and remembered before her vision grew dark from there on out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her body crumbled to the ground, falling into his arms instead of hitting the ground. Dark hair pooled down his arm, tickling the exposed skin of his hands. Before he had caught her, he had watched the fear resonate from her body, glossing over her eyes.

This... Man felt a pang of excitement resound through him when he had watched those fear ridden eyes roll to the back of her head, and he body crumple down.

He stared down at the no longer conscious female he was holding in his arms.

Why did the mayor need her? She's no one special.

From what he could see now, she was just a normal female citizen of America. The Mayor of Florine never told him the use in which they were going to use this woman. Only that she must be brought back to Russia.

No one else knew about this mission he was sent on.

Or so he thought, there was only one other person who knew of his existence in the state of Hawaii. But surely Donovan couldn't save the woman he potentially loved by himself.

He stared after the man as he drove off in his car with the woman he loved. He knew that the person who was calling would make Milly really mad if he knew that he had called them. But it was the only person who knew that could help.

The past always loved to come to the present, in odd ways. And this was one of them.

Slipping out his phone he hesitated, ever so slightly, before dialing the number that would most likely get him killed by Milaya herself. He was on edge already, why not add the eminent anger and the threat of the woman he loved to it as well.

He waited in an anxious wait for the man to pick up, although there was a side to him that wished that the man wouldn't pick up. He would see that it was a unknown caller and hang-up.

But of course, luck wasn't on his side. Donovan Tol, had hoped he could have at least leave a voicemail or something like that!

Not here the voice he didn't want to hear.

Once you heard the voice of that man, there was no going back.

When the ringer, went off and the male voice he was hoping wouldn't pick up answered, Tol picked took a deep breath before beginning to speak.

"We have a problem."

—————————
Indubitably so my dear Watson, indubitably so...

————————— Indubitably so my dear Watson, indubitably so