Chapter Sixteen

You screamed her name over and over again, hoping that someway, somehow, she'd be able to hear you. You screamed louder, not caring about anyone else in the entire building. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, you heard a response echo through the vacant corridors.

"Y/N?"

It barely reached your ears. A wave of relief washed over you as you now knew that you and Jane were within earshot. Only if you wee both screaming at the top of your lungs. You opened your mouth to scream something back to her, but the only sound you could make was a raspy breath.

You just now realized how dry and scratchy your throat was, after all of your screaming. You started to cry again, slowly banging your small fist on the barred door. The inmates within your view had now relaxed their muscles, you could tell. You slumped on the concrete ground, curling up into a ball.

It was completely your fault that you had ended up in this prison. You killed the guard. It was all for Jane, the person you cared for most. You suddenly heard heavy footsteps walking towards your cell, and saw two guards come within view.

"Someone is here to see you." One said with an intense voice.

You stood up and they led you out of your cell, grasping your shoulders to keep you from running. On your way down the corridor, you looked left and right, seeing if you could spot Jane in one of the cells. You saw her, but she mushy have seen you. Her back was turned and she was sulking in the corner.

It was tempting to shout for her, she was so close. But you'd get yelled at if you did so. Finally, you reached where you were headed. You were thrown into a chair, those same two guards standing guard behind you. You looked through the glass, seeing who it was.

Lilly.

You pressed the communication phone to your ear, Lilly copying your actions.

"Are you insane?!" She practically screeched.

You hung your head, breathing shakily. "N-No..." you stuttered.

"Well what were you thinking?! Killing a guard like that! I heard about your failed escape attempt too. What the hell?!" You could tell, Lilly was furious.

"I-" you couldn't finish.

"It would've been so much easier with just one person I had to worry about! Now two?"

"Please Lilly, please have some sympathy." You said sadly.

"I'm sorry, I'm overreacting. I tend to do that...look, I do feel bad for the two of you being locked up like that, but, I have less sympathy for you, that was you fault."

You let out a shaky breath. "I-I know. Why'd you come here, anyways?"

"To remind you of just that. Goodbye." You could sense her anger.

She slammed the phone back where it was, standing up and heading off. You sighed, shakily placing the phone back. You stood, and the two guards grabbed your shoulders again, pushing you back to your cell.

You passed Jane again, who was still in the same position as before. You sighed softly, before being thrown back into your cell. They closed and locked the barred door before leaving again, where tot crumpled onto your cot and started to sob, silently.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Ugh, took to long to update, I know. Kinda lame for the wait, in my opinion. Sorry about the ducky ending, I'm not the happiest with this chapter, it's very filler. I promise there will be more action next chapter!

Stay awesome, my fellow crazies.

~Alex