The Door

Pokzi was tired of being told he was special, so he decided to leave the City for a while. All he wanted was a little time to himself, and he was easy to recognize inside the crowds of Reds and Blues and Yellows and every color in between, from the Secondary and Tertiary citizens to the Pastel and Neon mutants. Pokzi was so much darker than the all the others in the City, he knew he was a freak. No one trusted him, so they all tried to convince him that he was meant to be more than all the others combined, an amalgamation of many colors. Pokzi had been able to relieve the pressure of their compliments and gifts, and he would continue to be able to as long as he was able to find an escape.  Until he went Grey, however long that took a Black pigment, he'd have to continue to find ways to get into the Outside.

He got off of the Rail at the closest it came to the wall of the City, and he began his walk to the exit he had been using most recently. The streets were full of pigments, so he went under it instead, to avoid being seen by the Watchers. He pulled the white key out as he approached the door, and he looked through the keyhole to make sure nothing was waiting for him on the other side. He didn't see anything suspicious, so he gave the key to the door and waited for it to let him through. After swinging open the door addressed him for the second time of all their many interactions.

He said, in a ponderously good accent for someone living underneath the road, "I appreciate the keys, especially when you remember that white is my favorite color, but I can't help but notice that  you never answered the question I chose to pose when you first filled my keyhole."

Pokzi, astonished that the door would even choose to remember a simple matter like that for a short while, let alone for the amount of time it had been since their first encounter, but he decided that there was nothing to be gained from lying to the poor door, so he said simply, "All are." 

The door attempted to protest, but he was already through and on his way to the mass confusion of the Outside.