Chapter 24 Savannah

Text Message
Unknown number- Hello Savannah it's your mother. I'm not sure if your father told you I was trying to get in contact with you. He said you weren't ready so  I got your number from my mother. I wanted to know if we could talk. I know you don't owe me anything but I would love a chance

I don't want to talk to her. What is there to explain why she left? After Noah and everyone left I decided to take a walk. The park is beautiful and it's always quiet at night. I can think. As I walk to the swing I see a girl sitting on one of the swings. I guess I'm not the only one who comes here to think. I sat on the swing before I put my headphones in.

"It's beautiful out here, isn't it?" She asked.

"Yeah." I smiled it is.

"Hi, I'm Mia" She held her hand out for me to shake. She has pretty Green eyes that match her glowing brown skin and an America's Next Top Model body.

"I'm Savannah," I said shaking her hand.

She stared at me for a moment. "You're new here, aren't you?" She asked pulling her long straight brown into a ponytail. Before I could answer. "It's just that I grew up here it's a small town. So I know everyone and I never seen you before."

"Um yeah, my dad and I moved here from Philly a couple of months ago."

"So do you like it here? I know it isn't much. But it's home for me. I've been back home for a month now."

"Yeah, I'm growing to love it." I smiled thinking about Noah. And how meeting him changed my life in so many ways. I have friends and my family who care about me.  "Why did you leave?"Breaking myself out of my thoughts.

"I had to get away. I hurt my friends. My ex-boyfriend the most." She said putting her head down. "I betrayed his trust, and I came back to hope I got back to him."She looked up at me with guilt and pain in her eyes.

I smiled. I felt bad I don't know her story but I can see she's hurting. "I hope everything works out for you. Who knows maybe he'll forgive you and y'all can move on."

"Hopefully, so why did you take this late-night walk to the park?"

"To get some clarity." I shrugged my shoulders. "Someone who should have never left wants back in. I don't know if I should." I let out a breath.

"Well, I know what it feels like on the other side so maybe the person is sorry, and all they want is another chance."

"Maybe but that's where my question comes in are they worth that second chance? Who to say it won't happen again"

"And who to say it will?" She smiled. "You just have to want them in your life."

I nodded in agreement. "Thanks, Mia. This was a good talk I needed it. I can put things into perspective."

"Yeah, it was she laughed. What would you do if you were me?"

"Honestly. I would work it out with my friends because they keep us sane." I smiled. " And as for my ex-boyfriend, I'll apologize but hold off on getting back together just be friends to see if something is still there you gotta rebuild trust."

"Your right. Thanks. Hey, can we hang out sometime? Only having your brothers talking to you can get exhausting. I need female time with friends."

"Sure. I put my number in her phone. I'm about to head back home. It was nice meeting you today Mia."

"You too Savannah" she smiled as she was waving goodbye.