We All Have Struggles

Many Christian's struggle. I am a Christian who struggles. Multiple non-believer's have this idea that Christians are perfect, and that they have no worries or doubts at all. They think that we have everything together. We have all of our ducks in a row. But that's not true! Christians have struggles, doubts, worries, confusion, and we certainly don't have everything to together even if it seems like it.

In Acts chapter 16, we see a completely devoted man to God. He was a horrible man in the past, but now he goes through terrible things because he loves God. In this chapter, Paul, goes to prison because Paul, by God's help, got rid of a demon inside a fortune telling girl. Her family got mad that she couldn't have her make money anymore so they dragged Paul into jail. Paul got severely flogged, but continued to pray and praise God. All at once the gates and chains off the prisoners were released and the guard came to the Lord that night because of God through Paul. The next day they were released.

    This story reminds us of our daily lives, and what we can do to survive the hard times. When you trust God, you'll survive. If you don't trust God and continue to only put Him to the side it'll be much more tough to survive and stay strong. God needs to be our center vision, and the only way we can do that is to trust Him and have faith that He'll answer our prayers if it's in His will. When we look at this story it shows us many things that we can use in our daily walk with Christ. We see first off in the earlier chapters of Act that Saul was a bad man. He persecuted the Christian Church, killing all Jews, and watching them die violently. This part of Saul's life gives us relief that even though we have sinned we can still receive God's grace. When Saul changes to Paul he changes his life completely, and is almost the definition of repentance. He was going down the path the wrong way and did a full u-turn and walked down the right way. As he walked down God's path he did everything to be a servant for God. He showed people that God's way is true and sometimes just by his actions, no words, people could see that God was true. The guard that saw Paul praying and then saw the gates open immediately asked Paul; "What must I do to be saved?" and Paul replied by saying; "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved- you and your household." After that, he did believe and told his family too and they too were saved. You see? God works in all ways, and this part of Paul's life shows us that we can be worked through God too. If we just keep our eyes on Jesus and surrender our lives to him, we can be servants of Christ, just like he always hoped for us to be.

Thank you for reading! More to come! Hope to update soon! Please comment what you thought. Much Love, Meg <3