You love me not

Annabeth's pov

Piper's become distant again after her mothers visit. I hope it's not me that hurt her. She seemed pretty hurt when I said I didn't love anyone. Of course that's a huge lie on my part. I had to lie though, she might end up hating me if she found out.

I- I love her... More than I should. She's my best friend and if she found out she'd hate me, but still... It seems like she hates me now. I sigh and close Daedalus's laptop. Maybe I should tell her the truth.

Yeah! I'll do that before the meeting for the Gay campaign starts today. Just hopes she accepts it.

Piper's pov

I haven't been able to look at Annabeth since the day my mother visited. I love her so much and it hurts that she doesn't love me back. I clench my fist around my shirt.

I'll survive I always do. I walk to the lake and sit in the sand. I can understand why people like to sit here. It's really nice. "Um Piper?" I hear a voice from behind me.

I turn around, it's Elizabeth from the gay campaign. If I remember correctly she's a child of Apollo. "Yes did you need anything?" I ask simply. She turns dark red and stutters out " R-Roses are red, Violets are b-blue, I would l-like to go on a d-date with you."

She's a dark red color and her hands are trembling. She is quite beautiful. With long blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes. She is pretty nice to me as well. Why not? Maybe she'll help me get over Annabeth.

I stand up and grab her face and press my lips to hers. She tastes of green apple and her lips are soft. After I pull away I ask " Is that a good enough answer?" She smiles and nods vigorously.

I grab her hand and then I hear something hit the sand. I turn around and there stands Annabeth. She has a look of shock on her face and tears are running down her face. Wait tears?

"Hi Annabeth" Elizabeth says with a goofy grin. Annabeth stammers "Hi Elli. Congrats you two." Then she turns and runs leaving behind a box of who knows what.

I shrug but my heart is breaking. Did I just hurt Annabeth? No Piper leave it alone. You have a girlfriend now. "Come on babe. We've got a meeting to prepare for." I say with a soft smile. Elli smiles widely and we start on preparations.

Annabeth's pov

no,no No , NO! I stop in the forest at Pipers hiding place. I lay on the grass and begin to cry. Why? Why was I too slow? She probably never loved me anyway but it would've been nice to try..

"I'm an idiot!" I cry out. "You aren't an idiot dear. You were just a little late." A voice says from behind me. I get up and turn around. There sits Aphrodite on a rock.

"What do you want?" I ask while wiping away tears. She stands up and wraps her arms around me. Now normally I would've jumped away but I couldn't. I leaned into Aphrodite and cried.

"Shhh. It's okay Annabeth." She says reassuringly while rubbing my back. I hug her back and sob harder. "What has my daughter done?" She asks softly. I take a deep breath trying to calm myself and I say " she's dating Elizabeth a daughter of Apollo."

"Oh dear. She obviously didn't take my advice." She says with a sad sigh. I look up at her. She really is beautiful. "What do you mean?" I say through sniffles.

She smiles sadly at me. "Well darling. I told her to take a chance and tell you she's in love with you, but it's looks as though she didn't even try." Aphrodite says with annoyance. I tremble and ask " s-she loves me?"

Aphrodite smiles sadly "yes but now it seems as though it's a game of she loves me, she loves me not. " I start crying again. "Oh dear there isn't time to cry. You've got a meeting. Please just promise me you'll try to win over my idiot of a daughter." I nod and she disappears leaving me to walk to the lake myself.

Once down at the lake I take my seat without looking at Piper and say "this meeting has begun."

Pipers pov

Once Annabeth gets here I can tell she's been crying. Her eyes are red but her face reads hatred. "Has anything new happened in the community?" She asks in a monotone voice.

She obviously in pain and it's my fault. No snap out of it Piper! Just then Elizabeth stands. "I have announcement to make!" She says cheerfully. Annabeth glares at her but she nods.

Elizabeth looks at me and says "I am now in a relationship with our Vice President Piper!" Everyone goes quiet with shock and Annabeth is glaring at her. Elizabeth glances over at Annabeth and just smirks.

"That's all." Then she sits. Annabeth is clenching her fists under the table. "Alright if there are no other announcements then we shall go on with daily activities but before we go everything we asked for has been approved. The meeting is now dismissed." She says with as much fake happiness as she can. Everyone leaves but Elizabeth comes up to me.

"Hello beautiful!" She says happily. "Hello babe." I say with a soft smile. Elizabeth really is a sweet heart. I lean over a give her a peck and I feel the table move. Annabeth has gotten up.

I raise my eyebrow and Elizabeth smirks. "Congratulations both of you." She says with pain seeping through her fake smile. Then she storms off. I sigh and Elli shrugs. "Come on let's go swimming." And then we are heading off to go get changed.

A really quick Annabeth's pov

As I storm off the only thing on my mind is getting Piper. You will be mine Piper. I love you and I need you. So you will be mine.