El Prodigio

Dedicated to kayleeandhens  for being cool and supporting this mess.
Welcome to FDTD Speculations, today we will be putting the pieces together for another wonderful character,
Richie Gecko😮👏🏾👏🏾😁

We don't really know much involving this character for season 3. Despite this inconvenience, we'll speculate anyways.
First and foremost let's start with a Yahoo release photo just for the heck of it:

This is one of many photo of the (S3) two Gecko brothers. A caption under the picture reads:
"Dusk has always been a Gecko Brothers story, and Seth (D.J. Cotrona) and Richie (Zane Holtz) are definitely back. When Season 3 opens, they're working for the culebra crime bosses - but when that world gets blown up, the boys start putting together a crew to take on a dark new threat. L to R - D.J. Cotrona (Seth Gecko), Zane Holtz (Richie Gecko) Photo: Robert Rodriguez/ El Rey Network and Miramax"

They looked surprised (obviously) and irritated. It's possible that in this photo they are looking directly at the new threat. Most likely the powerful sun god, Brasa, who is described as an Rasputin (a guy who was invincible to death and claimed to be 'holy') like figure.

This photo most likely takes place in the beginning of the season since they don't look all bloody and disheveled. The background looks neutral maybe a house (or mental hospital).

Who knows,but the lack of solo Richie Gecko pictures alarming. There's mostly pictures of Richie with Seth:

(03/29/16) This photo was posted early in the production timeline so I'm theorizing that they are shooting out there due to a scene involving a villain

(03/29/16) This photo was posted early in the production timeline so I'm theorizing that they are shooting out there due to a scene involving a villain. Maybe. Maybe not. Possibly an intro to the series like how they've been since its 2 years have past. It says in the caption of the photo, it was taken by Eiza Gonzalez (Santanico Pandemonium). Thus, leading me to think that since she's present on set around that time, they've already established who the threats are and actively seeking her help.
This connects to this: