Julie's Dragon: The Beginning

My name is Julie Lodwick, I live In Senterfold, I am 9 years old. I live with my mother and i am the only daughter she has, my father died because his ship got struck by lightning. Now it's just me and my mother left.

I have some friends like Kris,Sarah and Jessie. We decided we go out for camping one night under the starry night sky in the woods near our village. Kris started to light up the fire to warm things up a bit. It's getting a little bit boring i told them i would just go out for a little walk to kill my boredom, Sarah and Jessie told me they wanted to go too. I got a little tired of walking so we sat down on a log near the pond, Then a shooting star went flying up the sky, Sarah said to make a wish. Jessie wished to pass her exams. Sarah wished the same. They asked me what was mine but i said that i don't have any.

Sarah thought of an idea to play a game of "side and seek", we did "rock, paper, scissors", Jessie was it. Sarah hid behind a huge rock and i hid as faraway as possible. While Jessie was roaming around trying to find us i saw something, something unusual.
It was dark so i can't really see what it looked like but it started to light up, it was so weird but then it lost it's light when Jessie found me. I took it and decided to examine it when i get back, I left a marble to mark it's position, I didn't told anyone about it and kept it for myself. We got back in our camp and saw Kris sleeping in her tent. We talked for a little while and fell asleep too, good thing none of our stuff was stolen.

After a long night we got back to our homes. It was quite fun actually but like i said i was going to examine that thing. I went out to the library to search for clues or definitions about it but i found nothing. After a long search i haven't found anything yet but i decided to get back and rest for a bit. I lay down on my bed and closed my eyes.

I fell asleep dreaming about stuff, then i woke up. I feel a bit dizzy but i don't know why. I went downstairs in the living room, mom made me my favorite hazel nut soup. I decided to go back in the woods. I knew she wouldn't let me go by myself so i had to lie that i would just go at Dinger's store to buy a new book. She did let me but she said to be back by 6:00 pm. I brought my books, quills, and ink with me in case i find something new on my way. I also brought the thing.

I arrived in the woods, i was shivering, my teeth were chattering and my legs were shaking in the coldness, i knew i should've brought my coat, but that didn't stop me from finding what that thing is. I stopped by a tree and made some fire, i guess it helped but it's still cold, i wonder why, it's not really that cold here at our village, it's not even snowing or anything it's just cold. I didn't notice that i already fell asleep under the darkness. I woke up at dawn, the fire was out, i guess it was very windy that night. The temperature was normal again, it was a good thing.

I continued my search until i found the very same spot. A few minutes later i found it! Good thing the marble is still here, then i saw something moving in my bag, when i opened it i saw the thing was floating, i'm surprised i didn't notice that at first. The thing flew outside my bag, it pointed towards it's place where i found it, i think it wanted me to dig. I didn't have a shovel to dig, so i used my hands. I dig and dig until...... I found something, it was a book! It looked old, the papers were crumpled but it looks interesting. A key was inside, I took the book and the key with me then i wen't home.

On my way home i saw my mother with the cops then she saw me. She ran towards me worried, "where have you been!?" She grabbed my hand, squeezing my wrist. It was really an exhausting day today but i guess it was worth it.

I started reading the book. I read every page of the book until i found the thing! So it's called a "draquonessis gem", kinda hard to pronounce, good thing it has a name instead of just calling it "the thing", It says here that it helps you find things when you tell it to, i guess it heard me talking that it just like did it's thing. Pretty useful but it didn't say anything about the key.

The next morning I got up and ate breakfast. After eating breakfast my mom spoke to me, "were going to move at Griffondale tomorrow" she said. I was shocked by those words, she didn't tell me why but Griffondale is a place where they praise Griffons, I don't even know if they are real or not but i have to admit i hate it and i don't wanna get separated from my friends here at Senterfold. I don't wanna look like a lunatic who believes in Griffons. But i can't change that, my mom's the boss. At night i started to pack my things then i lay down on my bed and read the book again. After reading for awhile i dozed off for a bit.

I woke up in the afternoon, went downstairs and helped my mom with the chores. Outside i fed our dog Rook. Pretty sure i haven't introduced him, he has been our dog since i was just in my mother's womb. He kinda reminds me of dad because mom said he is the one who found him. Anyways It was bedtime and i just noticed that the book didn't have an author, how foolish of me not noticing that the first time. I read the few more pages and saw the last one having a claw scratch, did something attacked the author? I don't know. But i just slept after that.

Moving day today. Mom and i got our heavy bags and rode the ship to Griffondale. We asked our close neighbor to take care of Rook because pets aren't allowed in the ship. I'm really gonna miss our home. I said goodbye to everyone before leaving. I cried a little bit but no one noticed.

I kinda felt sick on the way, i'm not really used to ride ships. I hugged my bag so tight because i'm too afraid the ship might crash. Then suddenly the ship started to move aggressively. The thunder and lightning sounded louder. We started to panic. My mom held my hand running outside. People are getting transported to a smaller boat, but all of them are fully occupied. The storm became stronger. The ship split in two. My mom and i got separated. The ship sunk in the deep ocean. I was getting deeper and deeper, unconscious about what's happening. I lost contact with my mom. I thought it was the end of me...............But it wasn't.

To be continued