0.0

"Go, save the day."

Emelie whispered, lowering her sight to the tip of her shoes. She sighed a breath, then lifting her gaze back up. Her eyes was studying the person in front of her, every inch of his face. She studied him as if she will never get a chance to do that again. She studied him like it was the last time.

Finally, she smiled. Tipping on her toe, she placed a kiss on his cheek.

XXXX

The sun slowly rose to the region of atmosphere. Its lights trailed down every miles of New York City's soil . From the busy road, to the quiet bedroom of Emelie Rose. It peeked from the gap of the curtain, crawling up to the tip of Emelie's nose.

The soft warmth light settled down in her face, pulling her out of her sleep to the land of  the living. Her eyes fluttered open, but she closed them back to avoid the strong brightness. She groaned, her head started to felt like it was going to fall off her neck from last night hangover. She felt like the whole bedroom was spinning while she struggled to keep her self together.

She quickly made her way to the bathroom once last night dinner started to kicking up to her throat. She pushed herself to the edge of the sink and threw out everything inside her stomach. Once she was done, she drowned her face inside a bowl of warm water and washed it clean. Emelie reached out for a small towel hung next to the sink, then dried her face with it. She dragged her step out, but when she stopped on the door post, she caught a glimpse of her bed. Something was off.

The bed was empty.

She walked herself out, in the living room the couch was as empty as her bed. So was the kitchen.

Jared hasn't home yet.

The headache was gone, just like that, it was replaced by panic attack.

XXXX

Today's New York Times first page : New York's Jared 'The Nott' Epstein is Dead.

He's gone. 

Just like that. 

Everything happened so fast, too fast for Emelie to get the whole thing. It was just yesterday when she zipped up his leather jacket before he went away. Last night was blur. She couldn't recall most of it because she was drunk. But, if there was one thing that she could perfectly remember, was the goodbye. The last seconds before he turned his back and went off.

Every night, she saw Jared left her apartment to assist people in need. Every night, she got caught in a loop of question : Tomorrow, when she wake up, will he be there?

For years, she got the same answer every morning. But today, the answer was different.