Cameron

Jared was a Superhero.

It was not like he had superpower or what, but he was for certain a hero. Since I was no more than just a kid, Jared was special in my eyes. I called him Big J. I always looked up to him. But, it was really hard to fill his shoe.

He was a good person, kind and generous. Everybody in our neighbourhood know who Jared Epstein is. The great kid who volenteer at the Connecticut Nursing Home. The one who graduated as a valedictorian and made it straight to US Army. The one who didn't own a crime record, unlike this guy.

Cameron Epstein.

Since Jared went off to the Army, I was lost. My parents, they don't really give a shit about me. The only things they care about was Jared and their country club membership. So, I spent times and pennies to get their attention. Because that's what teenager do.

I got kicked out of 3 different highschool in my senior year. I almost didn't make it to graduation. And no university wants to accept a student with a criminal record.

What did I do? I robbed a bank in New York.

It was ugly, I got caught. But, it was pretty cool tho. Well, not 'Jared' kind of cool. Because ,while I rot in jail, my brother is out defending America in Afghanistan. Different kind of cool.

After his second mission, the one he almost died on, he was sent home. But, he just couldn't stand hanging around suburban doing absolutely nothing. So, once he got better, he moved to New York. He became a 'superhero'.

Jared was known as a very talented sniper, he was smart and he knows how to fight. That was pretty much everything you need to be a superhero.

Before he knows it, he was famous. The word spread out fast, they-people called him The Nott, as in The God of Night.

Okay, I know he was great. But I stil think they were exaggerating. I mean c'mon, he shot people in the dark, he killed bad guys, he fought for justice. So is NYPD, and other people. He was good, but he wasn't god.

I heard the news just yesterday. The New York Times front page.

They don't have news papers here in jail, I don't know what happened, all I know that he's gone. Probably killed by bad guy, like me.

XXXX