Chapter Three

A sight of faded faces appeared as I woke up from my nightmare. Where am I? And what happened? All I can remember is falling of the stairs and then Brooklyn's concerned expression. The rest is just façades of what happened.

"She's awake." I heard an unfimiliar voice from the right side of the room. The faces started to clear up. I wanted to stand up and smack Brooklyn for not waking me up to take Harper to her birthday party.

"I have to get up. Harper has to get to her party." I said lifting myself from a soft surface. I felt weak, but that didnt stop me at all.

"Woah, slow down there tiger. You obviously don't wanna pass out again, do you?" Who is this boy speaking to me? I cant see his face but his voice is appealing. A sudden thought crossed my mind.

"Where's Brook? And who are you?" My vision still blurred so I chose to close my eyes and lay back on something soft.

"He will be back soon. He got us something to chow on. We've been here for quite awhile. You got us unexpected."

"Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital. You broke your leg and then passed out for no reason. Why did you pass out?"

Ignoring his question, I decided to rather throw one at him.

"Who are you?"

"My name's Matthew Espinosa
But you can call me Matt. I prefer Matt."

I heard of Matthew. The boy who got his way into fame too easily. I saw one of his Youtube videos and honestly I didn't even crack a smile. Someone else laughed as noises from chewing...crisps perhaps?  I opened my eyes to see who this stranger is who seems to be so delighted to see me.

"Like dude, I can't believe I'm standing infront of Luna Bekham. Thè Luna Bekham. This was like on my bucket list for half a decade." His friend just snorted and let out a loud laugh.

"Matt you're crazy. She doesnt even know who we are."

"Actually I do. You're the boys that make those cheesy vines and pick up girls every-"
I paused. All of them threw a surprised and excited expression to my face, and I didn't like it. I don't like attention. I just wish I could grew up as an ordinary girl that goes to an ordinary school and marry an ordinary husband. But no, my world is extraordinary. Everything is.

"Actually, no. I don't know who you are."

I fold my arms and looked the other way. I started to focus on how the hospital room looked. It was plain. The floors was made of pure black and white marble. The windows was far stretched over the California sitings. I loved the plain look. It reminded me of myself. I hate that in this way but I honestly don't care. My daydream was interrupted when a fimiliar voice entered the room.

"Okay i got us some burgers and fries from across the ha-" I heard someone entering the room. That definitely sounds like Brook. I finally got my vision back and my eyes headed right for my brother with his mouth half open. He seemed...relieved?

"Luna! Oh my god I thought you would never wake up!" He ran up to me, pushing poor Matt out of the way. I heard a playful 'hey!' from Matt. Brooklyn directly headed for my neck as he hugged me tight. This is not the Brooklyn I know. The Brooklyn I know would walk into a room, shrug and wonder how I'm still alive. I hugged him back surprised. It felt strange to hug my brother. I cant even remember the last time we hugged each other. Probably in primary school. I felt a bit awkward and tried to make up an excuse.

"You're choking me Broomstick!" I said gagging playfully. He moved back and I locked with his green-blue eyes. I showed a weak smile and he returned it.