A Happy Ending

Humans of many beliefs pictured me as many things. A man with long beard, a beautiful woman, or some don't even try to create an image yet they are still faithful of my existence.

I created animals and plants to live in harmony together. I created water and soil to help them live a balanced life. And my masterpiece of creation, humans with their intelligence higher than any creature I've made.

I made the planets for them to walk on. I made the stars to light their way day and night. I placed them in a blue planet third from its star and let them decides their own destiny. They were born to love and to Kill. And their race will roam the earth until the End comes.

But above them, I created a similar being.A being that will not born from a mother's womb, but from the first flower to bloom on a certain land. A being whose physical body will not age as they were connected to the nations they were devoted to. A being which humans like to call Representations.

However, these Representations history is filled with bloodbath and suffering. Countless wars against each other, love was considered dangerous as they will never know who's going to be their next enemy, their long lives were supposed to be a blessing. Yet it became a curse. I could only watch and regret my decision to add more souls into this cruel world.

I've watch so many of them rise and fall. No matter how big or strong the empire was, it would always meet an end. I saw a man watching the love of his life burning in a stake, a little boy could never fulfill his promise to his love as war separated them forever, and I saw a man being betrayed by his little brother he once cared so much about. It was hard to watch a new born Representation lost his first friend and even worse to know that it won't be the last time he over lived someone dear to him. A man continuously living under the shadow of his own little brother and didn't get the affection he needs, ended up believing he's just the useless part of his country. Once in a close alliance, now they were forced to fight and try to Kik each other in two different factions. So on it goes endlessly.

I pity them, yes. For a knife to their heart won't stop it from beating, a bullet through their head yet the memory of the pain stays as a history. They are fragile creatures that have been through the toughest time.

So, when the time finally comes, the time when every creatures end their lives. I gave them a gift I think they all deserves.

"Holy... Rome?" His body turned small and his blue uniform changed into a maid outfit he used to wear once upon a time. The other boy in front of him smiled.
"Italy, I'm home" the boy with black hat and cape said, holding a deck brush in his left hand. He was still the same even after centuries after his fall. Italy let out a tiny whimper that soon changed into a cry as he was finally reunited with the long gone Holy Roman Empire after more than 1000 years. His waiting was finally over.

"Oh, Jeanne! You have no idea how much I've missed you" France cried as he tighten his hold of the woman in his arms. His first and last true love he had as the country of love.
"I've never left your side, France. Never once. But to be able to hold you again makes me happy" Jeanne exclaimed as she returned his hug by gently wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Weeeeeessttt!!" A man with white hair came running towards his younger brother and glomped onto him, almost tripping the other off his feet.
"Bruder! Get off me at once!" Germany said with his hair down, not neatly combed backwards as they usually be.
"Oh I missed my baby brother so much!" Prussia started to grossly sobs. Germany could only sighs at his older brother who was supposed to be dead after his Kingdom fell. He smiled, happy to see his brother healthy again after the trauma he had as his country was erased from the map.
"It's been 70 years, bruder. It's nice to meet you again"

"C'mon, lad. Don't be a crybaby" Scotland said, patting England's head.
England teared up after a little surprise his brothers gave him. A red card in his hand reads 'Best Brother Ever', decorated with a hand drawn potrait of him. Sounds silly, yes. But for England, who lived his life believing his own family Despised him, it means a lot.
"I.. I thought you hate me" England said, wiping his tears.
"Well, just a little...ugh!" Scotland groaned as Wales elbowed his stomach.
"We never hate you, England. Nobody hates you. We are family after all" Ireland said, only to make England weeped harder.

"No. Way." America whispered. A man stood in front of him with a familiar bouquet of blue flowers in his hands.
"Hello, America" Davie said. His appearance makes it looks like he was at the same age with America. "I got your flowers, thanks for attending my funeral"
America stared in awe and disbelief, his mouth gaping. Never once he thought meeting his first human friend and his first death would gives him such a warm feeling.
Once he came to his sense, he pulled him into a tight hug. Davie smiled as America sniffles faintly and returned it back. "I miss you, old friend"

I can't tell the stories of almost 200 individuals but, there you have it. All those poor Representations finally achieve a true happiness. A happy ending for all of them. An ending they deserve after the peril they've been through. An ending they need.

Even though is just an illusion as their souls ascend into a land of peace.