Chapter One Bestfriends

Thea ~~
Maya and I get home from school ten minutes late. The bus left early today so we walked all the way home. We totally forgot that on Fridays the bus leaves early! I'm mentally laughing at myself right now.

Maya and I don't mind though. It's the last day of our Junior year! Next year we'll be high school Seniors. Then it's off to college.

Maya and I are best friends, obviously. We're six seconds apart and closer than close. We share everything. My friends are her friends and vice versa. We even share a room. Neither of us mind though. We have small fights all of the time, but never big enough to stay mad at eachother for long.

We live in a small house with three bedrooms. Mya and I's, our parent's, and our little brother, Joshie's room and the only bedrooms. We have a fairly small living room painted cream, an office painted tan, our parent's bedroom painted white, our bedroom painted pink and blue, Joshie's room painted navy, two bathrooms are painted brown, out bathroom is purple, and the kitchen is an off-white.

Our parent's greet us at the door and Joshie basically ignores us. He keeps playing on his Xbox. Maya grabs his head and turns it to face us. "Hey Burpface! We're home!" He totally ignores her. "Hellooooo?" She put her face in his. He keeps playing. I take his white controller. That he notices. "Awwww!" He screams.

"Oh come on! You're seven years old. Stop screaming over your game like a two year old!" I scold.

"Can I have it back...?" He looks longingly at it and grabs for it slowly.

"No." Maya confirms. "Not until you talk to us."

He considers something then begins. "So...urm...today my teacher gave me a piece of candy and...um...yeah." We giggle.

Seven year olds. I think.

I give him his controller back and Maya and I head to our room. I flop on my bed and Maya climbs up to the top bunk. We're seventeen now, but ten years ago when we got the bunk beds we did rock paper scissors and Maya won the top bunk. It's quiet for a couple minutes.

I break the silence. "Honestly, I can't wait for school to start. We'll be Seniors!" I look dreamily at the pink and light blue mottled walls.

"I know..." Maya says trailing off dreamily as well.

"Promise no matter what, we'll stick together." I ask now completely serious.

"I promise." She says.