Chapter 5

Maddy's POV

     My first class of the day was Algebra Two Honors. I was the first one to get there so I picked a seat right in the back.  As soon as I sat down I felt cold. The air conditioning was up way to high.

     "Good morning, what's your name." The teacher asked me. He kinda creeped me out. "I'm Mr. Barns, as you probably knew already."

     "I'm Maddy. It's nice to meet you."

     I sat down and watched as rest of the class walked in They all seemed to walk in while talking to at least one other person and they sat down together.

     "Ok class, settle down. I'm your Algebra teacher, Mr. Barns. Today we'll be getting straight to work.  There's books under your desks, please open them to page 16 and begin reading." Barns began.

     I finished reading fairly quickly, and I took that time to look around the room. I saw a group of kids composed of two boys and a girl.

     They looked like they were having fun, considering the fact that they were talking instead of reading the chapter.

     I was almost so distracted I forgot just how cold I was. I reached into my bag, expecting to pull out my sweater. But I didn't find it.

     Crap, I thought to myself. I must have left it at home while I was rushing to get to school. It was this point, when I felt like I was going to freeze.

     I must have been shivering quite a bit, because the boy sitting next to me turned and looked at me.

     "Hey, you look a little cold over there. If you want, you can wear my sweatshirt." The boy offered while holding out his sweatshirt for me.

     "Oh, it's okay. You can keep it." I responded.

     "No you can take it. You look like you need it." He said while smiling.

     He obviously wasn't going to let it go, so I took it and put it on. "Thank you."

     For the next twenty minutes of class, I was pretty comfortable. I can't give all the credit to just the sweatshirt though, it felt nice to have someone do something nice for me.

     Then, I heard the bell ring and I watched the boy leave with his friends before I could give his sweatshirt back. I'll give it to him tomorrow, I guess.

Woah so this story is getting a lot more attention than I anticipated ;) it's already at 23 reads and 8 votes! Lots of love and the next chapters will be out soon