A winner

Cristiano Ronaldo

2-2

The match is going to end in a tie, everyone is sure of it. With ten minutes left remaining in the game I know that this is going to go into penalties. I have to win for Portugal.

I scored the first goal and I am pretty sure I can manage to score the winning goal too. It would be amazing if I am able to do it.

I see Bale signal his teammate to send the ball his way and he does, well that doesn't seem good. He start making his way with the ball near to the goal post. I'm running after him to make sure he doesn't score. When I look in front of him I see no Portugal player there, it is clear except for the goalie.

I know he can't stop and think or he might loose the opportunity to score. As much as I want Gareth to score, I can't let that happen.

Bale is about to shoot and I know he is going to make it. It's now or never. As he kicks the ball I jump in front of him and head butt the ball away from him and into the direction of my team mate. The Portugal fans scream very loudly and I know I did a great job.

I know I probably am annoying Bale. Portugal were now dominating the match. I started running towards where the ball was heading and Nani passes the ball to me. This is so good.

If I shoot this goal I'll be come man of the match. I am doing a great job right now.

I am nearing the post and I panic, what if I miss this goal? I am nervous but I think I can make it work. Gareth comes to me to try and prevent me from scoring but I fool him and make my way past him.

I am near the post, it was now or never, personally I would want it to be now but I know Gareth would probably want it to be never.

It is 2 minutes into extra time. I get ready to score the winning goal and I do! It goes into the top left corner making Portugal win the match. Great Goodness!

I think I have become the best man of the match which is very good for me. I boil with ecstasy.

I look at him with love and happiness but I quickly smirk and pretend I am happy for beating him. No one can find out about the truth, remember that Cristiano.

The final whistle blows. We won 3-2.

I see Williams go and hug Gareth really tight and he doesn't seem to let go. Right in this moment my blood is boiling, no one hugs him that tight except me.

When I see they have finally stopped hugging, I go up to Nani and hug him as tightly as them. When I look at Gareth Bale from the corner of my eyes I see him with a pissed off look. He's obviously jealous.

I release Nani from the hug and approach Gareth.

"I'm so happy for you! You made Portugal win, that is so good," He says smiling while he tries to mask his feelings with happiness but inside I really know he is sad.

"Gareth, it's okay," I put my hand on his arm. "I know this is hard for you, you can scream and shout, I know I stole your moment, let the sadness out its okay."

"Cris, I am so disappointed that I lost this game but I am honestly really happy for you," he says with a smile that I know is fake. I place my hands on the side of his face.

"What are you doing? There are so much people here!" he speaks in a quiet and worried tone.

I nearly laugh at how cautious he is. He doesn't like taking risks.

"It's okay Gar, you can just tell the news reporters that you were congratulating me and I was comforting you for your loss," I say with no hesitation.

"You think fast on your feet, clever boy" He speaks with a smile on his face as we hug.

As cliche as it sounds, it felt like home in Gareth's arms. Our hug is lasting a really long and I believe people were getting suspicions.

Gareth pushes me away and I slightly stumble away but it was not big enough for anyone to notice, not even the cameras.

He smiles at me on last time before he makes his way over to the Wales manager and I make my way over to my team.

Maybe him loosing wasn't such a bad thing. I get to stay near him more to comfort him.

This is our first book and it was kind of inspired by the Euros 2016. If there are any mistakes please let us know. Please vote and comment and add this to your library. Stay beautiful!

-Kiara and Tia