Chapter 20: Fate By A String, Part 1

Hi guys! Thanks for all of your votes up till now! So when we last left off, Kasumi had won her match against Byodoin. However, after being kissed and confessed to by Kite, she blurted out her feelings as well. At that time, the coaches were planning something unexpected. Sounds complicated? Well, things will make sense as you read along. So here's the next chapter. I hope you enjoy it.....

There were people scattered everywhere in the building. Some were looking at the shops, others socialized, or they were just bored out of their minds as they waited. It was 4 in the morning, but the weather was beginning to warm up. 

"Its really warm~" Kirihara whined as he fanned himself. He, and the middle and high school representative teams were sitting inside near the airport entrance. They all had suitcases and assorted things, piled next to them on carts. 

"I can't believe we have to do this," Nio thought.

"But..." Shiraishi looked around, ".... why in Okinawa?"

"It must be nice to be back home," Fuji looked at Kite. He pushed his glasses up.

"I did miss my hometown," Kite replied, "and the weather is no different than yours." 

"So where is our coach?"

"No that you mention it," Oishi implied, "I don't see Kasumi...."

"She might be with the head coach," Yukimura thought. Just then, they heard Tanegashima's voice in front. Walking through the doors, Tanegashima was with Kasumi, who wore regular t-shirt and shorts with sneakers. 

"Can you please, shut up?" Kasumi sighed.

"Aw come on," Tanegashima whined, "I was really bored on the way here~"

"That's because you traveled by boat," she glared at him, "and I had to wait for you on the harbor for an hour."

"My bad~"

"Shut up!" 

"Kasumi~" Fuji called her, getting her attention. She waved at him, but noticed Kite was behind him. Just one look, and she glanced the other way feeling flustered. 

"Hey, princess," Byodoin groaned, "where the hell is your gramps?"

"He should be outside waiting for the bus to arrive." 

"Kasumi-chan~" Tanegashima tackled her, "don't ignore me~" The others glared at him for being so touchy. Suddenly, Kasumi was being hoisted off the ground. Ochi held her up by her arms, and she was above everyone else.

"T-thank you, Ochi-senpai," she smiled at him as he nodded. Ochi gently put her down. At that moment, Mifune came towards them.

"Looks like everyone is here," he said, "listen up....you all know why you're here, so be prepared for what I have in store. Let's get going." He led them outside, where a bus was parked in front of the drop off. Employees were loading their luggage in the compartments as the members went on board. 

After a while, the bus drove down the street. Mifune was in the front while the others were behind him. As for Kasumi, luck had it that she would be stuck next to Kite. It was a whole ten minutes, and the atmosphere around them was a bit awkward. Kite glanced at Kasumi, who was leaning her hand on her chin as she looked at the passing cars. He sighed to himself. In truth, both of them knew that they can't take back what they said. Kite closed his eyes, as if trying to fall asleep. Suddenly, the bus rattled when they hit a bump on the road. It caused him to lean on Kasumi's side, and Kasumi put her hands on his arm to support him. Unintentionally, they both locked eyes with each other. It only took one second for Kasumi to feel flustered, and then sit right back up.