~

Cast:

Nicole Bishop: the accused witch

Hilary Baker : the victim

Susan Hope: interrogator

Jarred Loyola: lawyer on Nicole's side

Lauren Carols: lawyer on Hillary's side

Robin Baker: Hillary's husband

Richard Watterson: a small part of the jury

Judge: the Judge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Case: Nicole Bishop was seen entering the forest at 10:26 pm on October 31 ,alone. On the same date, Hilary Baker went missing. The two women's animosity was well known through community; On the date of November 2 Nicole returned on the same that Hillary's dead body was discovered. Nicole's wallet was missing and cause of death presumed asphyxiation. Nicole was arrested soon after with the accusation of witchcraft.

~~~~~~~~

Scene one

Trial of Nicole Bishop

Date: November 8, 2014, 2:43pm

Judge: All rise

(Everyone in the courtroom rise;The jury is full, mostly consisting of people from the village. On Nicole and Jarred's table has a neat pile of papers, but the pile is noticeably smaller than the one the opposing side. Lauren and Robin's table has a slightly larger pile of papers with a tape recorder sitting on top. Lauren sits next to Robin, having a confident look. Meanwhile Robin sits with a sorrowful expression. Nicole has a pale, fearful expression much different from Jarred's who looks relaxed)

Judge: What is the case

Lauren: The victim Hilary Baker was found dead on November 2nd, Mrs. Baker-

(Robin flinches at the mention of Hillary but remains quiet)

Lauren: -Has always had problems with Ms. Bishop. Both of the ladies disappeared on the same date and arrived on the same date. One was alive and the other wasn't

(the quiet murmuring of the jury could be heard)

Judge:(nods slowly, eyeing over Nicole suspiciously)

Lauren: Your honor I have here the recording of Nicole's interrogation for when she was first taken into custody (grabs the tape recorder off the table)

Scene 2

(Interrogation audio recording)

Susan: (the sound of her pen tapping her clipboard can be heard, has a stern tone) Where were you on the night of October 31?

Nicole: No response (has a dull emotionless tone)

Susan: (sound of her writing can be heard) Where were you on the dates of November first and second?

Nicole: No response

Susan: Were you aware of the murder of Mrs. Baker while you were gone?

Nicole:(snarky and rude) How was I supposed to know about the hag I wasn't around

Susan: (pauses, tapping of pen stopping)........Ms. Bishop do you believe that you are going to be liberated (asking more of a personal question than a necessary question)

Nicole: (voice uplifts a little) Why yes I did nothing wrong

Susan: (lets out a small chuckle) You do realize most of our witch accusations result in guilty verdicts ...right?
Nicole: (voice is more stiff and tense) Well I'm not one of them