6) Mo Distance Mo Problems

The house was pretty empty the next day. I was left alone with Proof since Marshall and Sharonda were both working.

"You know, I'm surprised Marshall even trusts us to be alone like this." I humored dully while taking a seat next to Proof on the couch. He chuckled lightly while shaking his head.

"Speakin'of that,"

As those three words escaped his mouth, it instantly broke the ice for a more serious discussion. I mentally groaned to myself.

"You guys straight now or what?" I rested my elbow over the armrest while leaning my head into my hand.

"Ugh," I released unpleasantly. "I mean we're good now but, you know, I just wish we didn't have such petty fights like this all the time."

"I feel you." Proof said coolly while nodding his head. He looked over at me and swallowed hard. "But ya know, you gotta get used to this shit. He may not seem like it at times, but Marshall's an emotional man,"

I lifted my head back up and looked at him with cow eyes. Marshall, an emotional person? Proof had gone nuts.

"Don't look at me like that, you know what I mean!" He laughed. "Emotional like, gets angry and upset easily. I don't mean emotional in a pansy kinda way." I pointed a finger up at him.

"Now that makes more sense." I chuckled. Proof directed the conversation back to it's serious content.

"But all jokes aside, Marshall is gonna put you through this kinda stuff again with other guys. It's just what he does, he's done it to Kim, he's even done it to girls he wasn't even in committed relationships with." Proof noticed my look of worry and quickly reassured everything. "But don't get it twisted, he's a great guy. His intentions are good."

"I know, I know." I reassured. "But still, it just worries me.." I sighed while looking up at the ceiling. "We all know he might actually get a deal with Dr Dre...and then what? After that happens, he's gonna be way too busy.." I couldn't even finish my sentence. Instead I held in my words, inviting a familiar scratchy lump into my throat.

"Too busy for what, you?"

"Well, yeah." I confirmed. "He'll be too busy to listen to me..Too busy to keep up with our pathetic and pointless fights.. He won't always have the time or patience for any of that. We won't even be around each other enough to constantly make up." I looked over at Proof who seemed like he was truly listening to my problems. "How the hell are we gonna keep a healthy long distance relationship going if we can't even keep a steadfast one right now?"

Proof rubbed the side of his cheek while thinking of what to say.

"You know you're a really smart girl, Tori." I smiled softly at his compliment. "I mean it sounds to me like you already got this shit all figured out."

I tilted my head, not fully understanding. He evaluated.

"You know how Marshall works, and you put up with him. Well, so to speak." He chuckled slightly. "You know where he's comin' from, and you keep that in check whenever y'all fight. And if you love him enough, you'll always find the patience to forgive his dumb ass ways." I rolled my eyes and began laughing.
"And if he isn't a complete retard, he'll realize when he's being dumb and will always come back to you. Believe me Tori, you mean the world to him. Fame will never stop him from loving you any less." I smiled warmly and let out a quiet "Thanks, Proof." But it was then that I realized I couldn't take the earnest counseling a second longer. It was too much. I wrinkled my nose in disgust but couldn't help giggling.

"Alright Oprah, enough emotional talk. You need to save that for the next time you and Sharonda have one of those interventions." I gave him a playful wink.

"Good point." Proof sighed. "I gotta save all that sappy sentimental stuff for her naggin' ass."

We both laughed until the quietness of the room consumed us.

"Well, I'm gonna be heading out now." I said while hopping off the couch to grab a jacket.

"Where to?"

"I'm visiting Nathan. I haven't done that in a while, unfortunately."

Proof jumped up without hesitation.

"You need a ride or--?"

"Oh," his offer caught me off guard. "I was just planning on taking the bus--"

Proof instantly gives me that "Really?".

I clear my throat. "Oh come on Proof, you're already letting me stay at your place, which, can I say, is very gracious of you and Sharonda." I sighed. "I don't wanna be a burden by having you drive me places on top of that. Lemme feel independent for once." I nudged him playfully.

"You're not a burden." He laughs. "You're a friend. Like shit, we're homies, we got each other's backs." I stood there biting my bottom lip as I thought about it. "Come on Tori, I insist." I finally nod my head and walk with him out the door.

On our way there Proof starts blasting out "Mo Money Mo Problems" by Biggie. I tap my fingers against my lap and nod my head to the beat.
-----------------------------------------------------

A/N: hey guys:) this was more of a filler chapter so sorry if it may seemed a lil boring. But I promise the story is going to get more interesting through time! I just can't jump to it all at once! So stay tuned!