Ayano's Theory Of Happiness

Chapter 5 [Kido’s POV]

Waking up was the worst thing I ever did, my dark green hair was messy and in knots and Kano was still hugging me like an attached koala, which I sort of didn't mind, but I wouldn't let him know that. He’d totally tease me. Seto was on the other side of Kano sleeping peacefully. Their hair was all ruffled and messy. Big sister Ayano had always slept next to us when we were younger and we were all living with her. She always seemed happy and cheerful and always knew what to do to make us feel better when we down. I loved my Big Sister and so did Kano and Seto. We were all abused orphans when they took us in.

Thinking we were all monsters who were cursed in the world, with the red eyes that made us different from everyone. But Ayano said that red was the colour of the hero, which changed everything for the three of us. After we that we turned into a secret organization, called Mekakushi Dan and we began making music, of course Ayano was the founder and our hero.

“Hey you’re awake Kido-Chan!” Shion Kozakura exclaimed, we were staying at a nice ladies house, who had white long hair with a flower in it but she looked really young for her age. She was ¼ human and 2/3 medusa. She had the red eyes like us. “Good morning Mrs Kozakura,” I greeted her, she smiled politely at me and I saw a sudden depth of sadness in them. “What is it? Is there something wrong?” she suddenly sat down next to me on the bed and shook her head, tears in her red eyes.

“I’m so sorry, Kido-san but- but Ayano Tateyama your friend, your sister…. She- she passed away yesterday,” She cried, wha- what? Ayano? Big sister is… Dead? I opened my mouth to ask if she was mistaken, when she pulled me into a bear hug. “I’m sorry, don't cry,” I felt my face and there they were, the wet liquid dripping down my face.

A yawn sounded as someone stirred next to me, “Ah mourning Kido- hey why are you crying hm? Kido-san never cries well only to Ayano-chan,” Kano murmured, Shion pulled away from me and I looked at Kano. Shaking my head, I opened my mouth to tell him, “Kano… Ayano onii chan she… well she’s… dead,” Kano looked at me and I didn't know what to think, he hugged me tight emotionlessly and I suddenly knew he was using his eye of deceiving to look tough, but in reality he was probably brawling his eyes out.

“You two… humph mourning,” someone else mumbled, Kano and I turned to look at Seto with his brown hair in his eyes, yawning. “Seto, Ayano-Chan died…” Kano said, Seto looked at both of us like we told a sick joke, and suddenly we were all crying in one big hug, Shion left us to probably make breakfast or something. But who had an appetite when someone you loved and hadn’t seen in ages just died. “L let’s put a picture of her and p place f flowers around it l like a funeral maybe?” Seto mumbled against us, we nodded in agreement. “Y-yeah and l let’s put her s song on, you k know the one she u used to sing to us?” the boys nodded. I wiped my eyes for the zillionth time, and looked for the video Ayano made for us when she sung her song, which was called ‘Ayano’s Theory of Happiness.’ It had a lovely tune and it featured all of us which brought me joy when I listened to it, even though it was sad.

‘We have to be stronger now... Big Sister Ayano would’ve wanted that and I guess I’ll have to be leader of this secret organization… looking after these two idiots sigh,’