Chapter 1: The Decision

~*~Hey guys, Heres Chapter one! I hope yall like it! Let me know what yall think and vote for it!!! As always I own nothing with the Twilight Saga. All rights go to Stephanie Meyers...Also go check out my co-writers profile! MJD_twilightlove, Thanks!

Ashley~*~

                                                                    Chapter 1

I stood there in the woods near my house, watching my best friend and the love of my life argue over me. Well Edward use to be the love of my life until he left me and broke my heart tremendously. I didn’t think I would ever be able to heal from it. It had hurt so much, it literally took over my life. I felt like I was in this horrible nightmare that I couldn’t wake up from. But Jake had been there to mend my heart back together. I looked over at Jake and the memories of our time together flooded my mind.

I had been such a wreck, a total mess, after Edward left me. It took awhile for me to even go anywhere besides school. I had finally got the energy to go see Jake, and I started to heal the moment I saw him. But it was weeks before I started to act normal again. But Jake never gave up on me, he never stopped trying to help me. He stood by me during my time of need, never showing impatience towards me. He stayed as a true friend to me, and over time we started to bond in a much different way, more than a friend way. We started to grow fonder of each other as the days went by, getting closer each hour we spent together. And I know if it wasn’t for him, Edward would be coming back to nothing. As these thoughts ran through my mind, my heart started to grow more for Jake. I felt it spread through my body, trying to overtake my love for Edward.

Wait, this wasnt right, my love for Edward was suppose to be strong to where nothing could replace it. He is the love of my life, well he was until he left me. Of course he left me for my own good, but it still had hurt me way too much. He wanted me to have a chance at a normal life without being in danger all the time because of what he was. But I couldn’t get out of my mind the fact that if he could leave me once, then he could leave me again.

My mind was racing, thinking about all of this and trying to decide who I loved the most. Then suddenly another thought crossed my mind, I had the Volturi to worry about now as well. They are expecting me to be like them, a vampire. Alice had promised them that I would be changed into one, and I know Jake won’t be with me if I’m a vampire. But if we don’t follow through with our promise and I don’t get changed into one of them, then the Volturi will kill me. And they will kill anyone else that tries to stop them, meaning Jacob and Edward.

I sighed and put my hand over my face, trying to decide who i wanted to be with. What was I going to do? How could I choose between my best friend and the love of my life? Why was I even having to choose this? And who was I going to choose?

As soon as the thought it, I knew the answer....

I looked up at Edward and Jacob, they were still arguing about me. I saw Jacob starting to shake, preparing to phase. Then Edward crouched down, ready to attack.

“Stay away from Bella.” Edward threatened him.

“You don’t speak for her or own her, bloodsucker!” Jacob growled.

“Enough!” I yelled, running in between them. They both stopped and looked at me. “I can’t take you two fighting over me like I’m some kind of prize!”

“Bella.” Edward begin to speak but I cut him off.

“Look, I need some time to think.” I spoke softly, looking at them both. Edward looked at me confused.

“What do you mean, love?” He asked me as he walked closer to me.

“I mean, I need time to decide” I trailed off, looking up at him. “Who I want to be with.”

I saw Edward’s face fall and Jake’s face turn into his cocky grin. I looked away from Edward, his sad eyes made my heart break alittle. But I knew I had to do this. It was the only thing I could do, right?

“I’m sorry Edward.” I whispered, looking down again.

“Bella, I can’t live without you. I thought we talked about this and worked it out. We were fine until this mutt” He growled “had to interfere.”

“I know Edward. But seeing Jake again reminds me of our time together. And how he fixed my broken heart after you left.” I explained, regretting saying the words as soon as they left my mouth.

“I never want to see you go through that again, Bella. It hurt me to see how hurt you were.” Jake spoked, a hint of pain in his voice and he glared at Edward.

“Bella, I’m so sorry. I’ll never forgive myself for leaving you.” Edward’s voice was pained. The hole in my heart tried ripping open again from the pain I was causing him.

“Edward, I’m not trying to hurt you or make you feel bad. It’s just now I love two people, I think.” I sighed. “I’m not sure. That’s why I need time to think this through.”

Edward stood there in silence, thinking. Then he looked at me, and stepped forward, taking my hand in his. He stared deeply into my eyes, lovingly.

“Bella.” He spoke softly. “Marry me.”

I gasped loudily, freezing in spot and stared at him. I heard Jacob growl and saw him roll his eyes out the corner of my eye.

“What?”

“Seriously? You are seriously going to pull that?” Jake blurted out.

Edward ignored him and continued staring at me intensely.

“Marry me.” He repeated once more.

“Edward, I...I” I begin to stutter, my voice getting shaky.

Jacob huffed and started to get aggervated, folding his huge arms over his chest. I closed my eyes, taking my hand back from his.

“No.” I whispered. “I’m sorry. I c-can’t.”

Edward’s eyes grew sadder and I knew I had just hurt him far worse then I had a few minutes ago. He didn’t say a word and stepped back away from me. Jake chuckled quietly to himself, staring at Edward with a grin.

“Edward, please. I need some time.” I begged him. “I need time from both of you.”

“What?! Aww come on Bells!” Jake protested.

“Please, all I’m asking is just for a couple days.” I told Jake as he sighed. I could tell this conversation with the both of them was over. Edward never brought his eyes to look back into mine and Jacob stared off into the woods.

“I guess I should leave now.” I looked at them both one last time. My heart broke as I saw the look on their face. I was hurting them both but I need to sort my feelings out and staying around them was only going to make it harder on me.

“Bella, I’ll always love you. No matter what you decide. And I’ll be here for you, when you need me.” Edward spoke one last time as Jake rolled his eyes once again.

I slowly nodded as I turned my back towards them. I started to walk back to my dad’s house, everything that just happened running through my mind. Edward’s pained face was the main picture I kept seeing. I felt like I could just fall down to the ground, and sob. I loved Edward so much and to see him hurt like that, made the same pain from when he left me, rise to the surface again. How could I do this to him? After he had risked his life for me in Volterra. And Jacob, how could I hurt him after he helped save me? If it wasn’t for him, I don’t know what would have happened to me.

I sighed as I reached my dad’s front porch. I turned to look towards the woods, trying to see in them and search for them. But I couldn’t see anything but the trees blowing in the wind. I was now alone, and it was time to figure out who I wanted to be with.

Who would I choose? The love of my life, the person who I fell madly in love with and risked my life for. The person who would do anything to save me and make me happy. Or would I choose my best friend? The wolf who was there to pick my heart up after it had been stomped on. The person who I have known my entire life.

This wasn’t going to be easy, but did I really love Jacob like I loved Edward?

~*~So theres chapter 1. What did yall think?~*~