Chapter 2

Marta woke up bright and early like all ways to get ready to do chores. Luke on the other hand woke up kinda grumpy. But coffee made everything better.

"I have to go." Luke said trying to hang up his conversation with Taylor.

"Luke I'm sorry."

"Taylor I don't have one for this I have to go to work." Luke said aggravated.

"Work?"

"Yes work I got a job yesterday just to help get back on my feet and back up and running in the music business."

"Where do you work?"

"This isn't freaking 20 questions Taylor I have to go."

"Do you forgive me?"

"Do I forgive you?! What kind I question is that you cheated on me an you are wondering if I forgive you? Whatever don't have one bye."

"Lu-" Luke cut her off by ending the call something he should of ignored and not answered in he first place. He slipped his boots in and rushed out the door hoping he wouldn't be late. He pulled up to the farm and got out.

Marta heard a truck coming and knew if must have been Luke. She finished eating breakfast and met him outside.

"Hello." She greeted Luke with a smile.

"Hey." Luke mumbled just wanting to finish today already.

"Someone's not a morning person." Marta said following him to the barn.

"That and stupid girlfriend well ex girlfriend problems."

"Oh an ex I have had some of those."

"Yea not fun when she is a clingy cheating bitch." Luke huffed staring the chores.

"Oh have fun with that."

"Totally." Luke rolled his eyes making Marta laugh. He smiled a little before taking out the first horse to wash. "So Marta you wanna help wash?" Luke asked with a mischievous smile.

"I think I do." She said grabbing the bucket of water and sponges. Luke grabbed the hose and brought he horse out. They started washing him and were joking around. Luke grabbed the hose to rinse the horse off.

"It sure is hot out." Luke said wiping sweat off his face.

"Yea it is." Marta agreed. Luke smiled and sprayed her with the hose. Marta screamed and backed away from the horse as Luke. She grabbed the bucket and threw the water at Luke.

"What are you two doing?" Larry asked watching the two get each other wet.

"Just coolin off. It's a hot day."

"As long as you two finish your work." The nodded and finished up there job and went to go get lunch. Luke's phone started ringing and he saw it was Taylor. He ignored her call and finished eating. She called again. He it ignore. She called again and Luke just answered it.

"What the hell do you want?" Luke asked Taylor as him and Marta were walking back to the barn.

"My car is working. Can you fix it?" She asked quickly making up a lie.

"No I can't I'm working. Where is the guy who you cheated on me with? Have him do it." Luke said slightly pissed. Marta saw him getting pissed.

"Please Luke." Taylor begged.

"I said no now leave me alone for the last damn time." Luke said ending the call and going straight to his work.

"Ex?"

"Yea." Luke said stopping.

"Is she by any chance Taylor Nicole?"

"Yea why?"

"You had this coming for ya the day you started dating." Marta said laughing.

"How do you know her?"

"Her little sister is my best friend."

"You know Kenzie?"

"Yup."

"She is the opposite of Taylor."

"I hate her Taylor but Kenzie is my best friend so I have learned to deal with it."  Luke nodded.

"So we are done. I'm gonna go let your dad know." Luke said before turning around and heading to go find Larry.

"Larry!" Luke yelled as Larry came back in the tractor.

"Yes?" Larry asked as he go out.

"I'm done with everything."

"Okay you can go." Larry said nodding.

"Thank you." Luke said before walking to his truck. Marta saw Luke walk past the barn. She followed him out before he got in his truck.

"Bye." Luke said knowing she was behind him.

"Bye." She said before he hopped in his truck. To head home after Luke's long day was well deserved.

----
I updated but I don't see this book going anywhere I might delete it I don't know.